Euthorus
Modifying theme content
  • 2005/12/16 16:19

• Euthorus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/16

I have been battling for 2 days now trying to figure out why when I change the theme.html file in the appropriate folder on the server it does not change what I see on the website - after several hours of digging through every file on my site I stumbled upon templates_c folder where every file begins with some sort of a alphanumeric hash followed by a more orthodox file name - in my case theme.html.php, which indeed contains what i see on my site but I cannot modify it at all because of its name ( %%A2^A25^A250273C%%theme.html.php)

Any ideas on what I could do to change its contents ? Specifically I am simply trying to change the links that theme spans accross the top of my site.

plusangel
Re: Modifying theme content
  • 2005/12/16 16:29

• plusangel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/2 1

If you want to edit the theme you have to edit the theme.html file inside the theme/your_selected_theme folder…

Then you have to enable, inside the administration menu – preferences – system – general settings - and set Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory? to Yes

In addition, set your browsers cache to 0 and empty it!
The official greek support site for xoops

Euthorus
  • 2005/12/16 16:42

• Euthorus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/16

cool, that worked - thank you

LazyBadger

1. You can always have "Update..." on - it save ~30 SQL queries
2. Delete all from templates_c if changes not reflected is more easy and bullet-proof
3. "Force reload" in most browsers do the trick - without losing all cached content
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (148 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits