Phatbloke
Re: Coppermine Photo Gallery Version 1.4.2 Stable
  • 2005/12/12 18:15

• Phatbloke

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/22

Hi
I'm not 100% sure what that means as it has been a long time since i installed it. The bridging is definitley included in version 1.4.2. The idea is you get the whole thing working as a standalone individually of XOOPS then you enable the bridge so that logins are integrated between the two. Not sure how you can bypass this error if it keeps coming up. Have a look on the coppermine forums.

McDonald
  • 2005/12/12 18:45

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

xcGallery is based upon Coppermine.
So if you install xcGallery you got Coppermine for Xoops.
The bridging is included with xcGallery

fosterm
  • 2005/12/12 19:19

• fosterm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/7 2

Hi Phat.

Thanks for the response. I will continue to peruse the boards for answers.

Hi McDonald :)

I am currently using xcgallery 2.0. I was intrigued by coppermines latest version. I am trying to install it on my test site to see if I like it.

Am I correct in thinking that coppermine 1.4.2 has many more features than xcgallery 2.0?

Thanks
foz

McDonald
  • 2005/12/12 19:26

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

I'm not sure about the features but it sounds logic that Coppermine is having more features than xcGallery.
xcGallery will probably stay a little behind with features because they have to be made XOOPS 'compatible'.
The developers of xcGallery will implement the important/main features first and make the module stable. After this they will probably add more features to it.

fosterm
  • 2005/12/12 22:16

• fosterm

• Just popping in

k did find a solution to my problem at the coppermine forums

http://coppermine-gallery.net/forum/index.php?topic=24494.msg112729;topicseen#msg112729

Tells you how to modify the install.php file.

It is up and running now.

I haven't had time to look at the theme portion of it yet, but will definitely have to change it to fit my website theme.

One question that I hadn't had time to think too much about yet.

Am I going to be able to have my default left column from XOOPS which includes my main menu on the left hand side of the coppermine front-page?

And am i going to be able to have blocks on my XOOPS front-page similar to what I have set up now at this site(ie scrolling thumbs and such)

www.thewoodlandsmonitor.com

Oh BTW Phat..could you post a link to your site so I can see your gallery :)

Thanks for the help
Foz

Phatbloke
  • 2005/12/13 7:54

• Phatbloke

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/22

Hi
Its good to hear you got it going. You can put a block on the main page or any other page using cpmfetch, its an easy plugin with good documentation. I managed to get my main menu ok although if i change XOOPS menu i have to change my coppermine theme, i just took a snapshot of the HTML by going view source in my browser and used that with some small tweaks as my theme. I also managed to get my admin menu displaying with a few tweaks and permissions as well. It is possible to get the whole thing running as though its kinda integrated but its too much work for me and I'm happy with the way mine works at the moment.
My site is http://jason.designbase.co.nz

fosterm
  • 2005/12/13 17:18

• fosterm

• Just popping in

Hi Phat

Looking at your site answered my integration questions. That level of integration would be fine for my site.

Thanks for the info on the plugin will have to give that a try.

Did you initially have any database query errors? I get one when I try to use the ecard feature. When I dont use the bridge the ecard feature works. When I use the bridge I get a database query error. somthing about an unexpected column in a table regdate_user or some such. This also happens with the report link/icon right next to the ecard link.

Have been looking for a solution on coppermine.net. no luck yet.

Was just curious if you or any other users viewing this thread had any issues like that to begin with.

Thanks again
Foz

fosterm
  • 2005/12/14 22:22

• fosterm

• Just popping in

Back again.

Thanks to some help from the coppermine board, I have solved the database error problem. Here is a link to the solution.

http://coppermine-gallery.net/forum/index.php?topic=25102.0

Thanks
Foz

attaranta
  • 2005/12/15 10:51

• attaranta

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/15

ou can activate a link in the menĂ¹ for customers records to you. to make so that all can see the album without login! task

falcon73
  • 2005/12/18 16:33

• falcon73

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/21

Hi Phat, please help me.

I was create a custom block to include random image using cpmfetch. But the thumb not display with message:
Unknown column 'u.user_website' in 'field list'.

Can you tell me why?

Thanks.

Login

Who's Online

117 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 117

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits