rogett
Reconnect to previous database
  • 2005/12/8 21:43

• rogett

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/5 1

I managed to mangle my previous 2.0.13.2 installation when attempting to upgrade it to 2.2.3. I had completed a complete site backup and restore did not work. Basically, the site is history although my database appears to be intact.

Is there any way to install 2.0.13.2 anew and reconnect it to my old database?? I am trying to keep my users, groups, permissions as well as news, calendar, and picture galleries.

Please give me some direction here.

jdseymour
Re: Reconnect to previous database

If it is the original database for 2.0.13.2 with no changes yes. If it is an upgraded database, no.

Check if you find any of the following tables:

_profile_category

_profile_fieldcategory

_user_profile

_user_profile_field

If you do then your site's database was updated and cannot without some major editing get it back. Not even sure how I would go about doing it.

In 2.2.3 the _users table has 9 fields. In 2.0.13.2 the _users Table has 31 fields. Just for reference.

You may take a look at the downgrade script if the database was in fact upgraded, but, if there was a problem with the upgrade it probably would not downgrade properly either.

Just one more suggestion. When you go to do a major upgrade such as this it would be best to test it on a clone of your site first (test site) and at the same time of cloning your site you test the backup you made that it works.

rogett
  • 2005/12/8 23:46

• rogett

• Just popping in

I don't know why I didn't clone as you say. "Common sense .. escaped me"

I do have 31 fields under users and none of the other tables you described so I hope I still have a valid 2.0.13.2 database.

Where do I go from here.

jdseymour

Just upload the files (minus the install folder and any modules that come default that you do not use). Upload the themes used in the themes folder, all modules you had installed. Once you get all the files exactly as your site was before edit mainfile.php for your sites physical path, virtual path and all database settings.

Chmod the cache, template_c and uploads folders 777. You should not have to install anything. As long as the information in mainfile.php is correct the site should work right away.

Good luck.

rogett
  • 2005/12/9 0:49

• rogett

• Just popping in

Well ... did all that. Just get a blank screen.

Any help using recovery.php? If so, what settings do I use? Appears that my choices are:
_MD_AM_DEBUGMOD0
_MD_AM_DEBUGMOD1 thru 3

YES or NO yes is checked by default
YES or NO no is checked by default

Don't know what to do here, if anything.

rogett
  • 2005/12/9 1:30

• rogett

• Just popping in

Although the front end is a blank page I can now get into admin.php although everything I try to access I get

Valid token expired

If the page does not automatically reload, please click here

The page will not reload.

Is there any value in deleting all files in template_c and cache folders??

rogett
  • 2005/12/9 2:59

• rogett

• Just popping in

I found some help in FAQ to get the error codes. Here they are:
Notice: Undefined index: server_TZ in /home/fsuadmin/public_html/xoops/modules/piCal/include/read_configs.php on line 42

Notice: Undefined index: language in /home/fsuadmin/public_html/xoops/class/xoopsblock.php on line 180

Notice: Undefined index: language in /home/fsuadmin/public_html/xoops/kernel/module.php on line 191

Notice: Undefined index: language in /home/fsuadmin/public_html/xoops/kernel/module.php on line 191

Notice: Undefined index: language in /home/fsuadmin/public_html/xoops/class/xoopsblock.php on line 180

Notice: Undefined index: language in /home/fsuadmin/public_html/xoops/modules/piCal/blocks/pical_coming_schedule.php on line 32

Notice: Undefined index: server_TZ in /home/fsuadmin/public_html/xoops/modules/piCal/include/read_configs.php on line 42

Notice: Undefined index: default_TZ in /home/fsuadmin/public_html/xoops/modules/piCal/blocks/pical_mini_calendar.php on line 21

Notice: Undefined index: language in /home/fsuadmin/public_html/xoops/modules/piCal/blocks/pical_mini_calendar.php on line 50

Notice: Undefined index: server_TZ in /home/fsuadmin/public_html/xoops/include/functions.php on line 158

Notice: Undefined index: server_TZ in /home/fsuadmin/public_html/xoops/include/functions.php on line 158

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/fsuadmin/public_html/xoops/modules/system/blocks/system_blocks.php on line 486

Notice: Undefined index: theme_set in /home/fsuadmin/public_html/xoops/header.php on line 236

Notice: Undefined index: theme_set in /home/fsuadmin/public_html/xoops/footer.php on line 71

Warning: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "/theme.html" in /home/fsuadmin/public_html/xoops/class/smarty/Smarty.class.php on line 1084

Notice: Undefined index: debug_mode in /home/fsuadmin/public_html/xoops/footer.php on line 73

Now what should I do??

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (144 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits