future-g
"Who's Online" Block Froze...then vanished
  • 2003/11/1 16:42

• future-g

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/9/19

First, the "who's online" block on my site'froze' so to speak. It was showing the same 2 people online, and nobody else. I waited awhile to see if this was just a cache issue, but it stayed this way for about a day. So, since it was not working, I made it invisible in the blocks admin. I have not seen it since (in the admin, or the main site obviously) I've gone through all the menu views( visable to certain groups, on certain pages) and still nowhere to be found.

1. Why might it have froze?
2. Why might it have vanished?
2. How can I repair it?

Mithrandir
Re: "Who's Online" Block Froze...then vanished

did you set it not visible from the main blocks admin? Or in the "edit" section of that particular block?

If you did it in the blocks admin, then I don't understand why it isn't showing up - but if you removed it from the "edit" section, I can understand why you cannot see it... but it's an issue, which should be solved somehow (Make a "Show blocks visible in [NO pages]" option in the drop-down menu)

flobi
  • 2005/12/6 19:21

• flobi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/9 1

I'm having a similar problem with the New Members block, ut it hasn't disappeared. Actually, it's wierd. The block itself didn't freeze, because I could edit the block and the changes showed up...only the list of new members that it displays isn't changing. I'm using XOOPS 2.0.10. (That's onhttp://www.hollowmatrix.com/)

flobi
  • 2005/12/6 19:50

• flobi

• Just popping in

Quote:

flobi wrote:
I'm having a similar problem with the New Members block, ut it hasn't disappeared. Actually, it's wierd. The block itself didn't freeze, because I could edit the block and the changes showed up...only the list of new members that it displays isn't changing. I'm using XOOPS 2.0.10. (That's onhttp://www.hollowmatrix.com/)

Oh bother. Nevermind. This isn't the same thing at all. I've got an email error and it's not letting people activate cause it can't send the act letter. Apparently the new members only lists (and probably appropriately so) activated members.

Lilinallte
  • 2005/12/6 23:55

• Lilinallte

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/5

I do have similar issues: Who's Online, New Members and System Info all don't show nothing else but the block header...

Kinda boring:)

flobi
Re: "Whos Online" Block Froze...then vanished
  • 2005/12/14 18:17

• flobi

• Just popping in

Check the template. You might try deleting the template then regenerating them.

Login

Who's Online

205 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 205

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits