Quest
Maybe This Will Help
  • 2005/12/6 12:04

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

As pointed out allready there are many ways to do this. I am new to XOOPS but a simple way to do what you want would be to use MYPAGE which is one of the Content html wrapping modules. With MyPage you actually create the module yourself and you can find out how here:

When you get to the page below click on the Second Line: "How to create a one-page module for static content."

http://mywebresource.com/xfd/content.htm

When creating your module page you can use html to insert your banner images with their individual href links <href:="http://www.xxx.com" "target=_blank"> and add any of the decriptive text you would like for each banner. Then repeat for each banner until you have it set up the way you want.

Follow the directions for creating the module, saving it and installing it. Then go to the Banners admin and link each of the banners which you have using the XOOPS banners to the mypage module you just created. When a visitor clicks on a XOOPS banner you linked to the mypage module it will open the MyPage module you created Internally to your XOOPS site. They will be able to read a little on the banners as you created and described and then click on the one they want and it will open to the link (company's homepage) you linked the banner to in the MyPage module.

Don't forget to set Group Permissions etc. You can hide the Module from showing up in the Main Menu from the system admin modules and give the MyPage module you created a weight of 0.

Hope this helps!

The Questor

skippern
Re: Maybe This Will Help
  • 2005/12/6 12:42

• skippern

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/5

Why doesn´t everyone on this planet speak swedish? Don´t really know how to explain my problem Don´t misunderstand me, I´m grateful that you all take your time to help me.

I´ll try again. I have configurated the XOOPS banner system right, everything looks like I want it to be. The banners are rotating etc. My problem is that I want to take away the external linking (I asume that there is an "_blank" tag somewhere) from the XOOPS banner system. I want to set the banners linking to an internal page (opened in the same window) where my visitors can read more about this company. And from this "more page" a external link is pointing to the banner owner (the company).

This function with the "more" page is a which from some of my "sponsors" to have on my archipelago site.

Quest
Re: Blank Tag
  • 2005/12/6 13:57

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

I am using 2.2.3a but it should be located in the same place. Go to your modules/system/admin/banners folder. You need to edit the banners.php file here. Open this banners.php file in your editor, near the top (in mine) is:
// Banners List
echo "<a name='top'></a>";

Where this 'top' is yours probably says 'blank'??? Replace the 'blank' with 'top', save it and it should do it...

Questor for XOOPS all the Way!

skippern
  • 2005/12/6 14:06

• skippern

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/12/5

Hope this works! Thank you all for the help solving this "problem".

JamesSAEP
  • 2006/11/14 18:43

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/28

When clicking on a banner that is using the XOOPS banner solution in 2.0.15, it seems to open the linked page in the same window, moving the traffic from your site to another.

I've changed the banner.php file to:
// Banners List
echo "<a name='blank'></a>";

But it still opens in the same window.

How do I make linked banners open in a new window? I have searched the template files and can't find anywhere to change to _blank.

Thanks.

Lloyd
  • 2006/11/14 20:37

• Lloyd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/7/4 1

I just gave it a try and it opens in a new window by changing these 2 spots to: modules/system/admin/banners/banners.php

// Banners List

(and)

// Finished Banners List

Refresh, system module.....
Give that a try.

JamesSAEP
  • 2006/11/14 20:53

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

thanks Lloyd, I'll give it a try. I didn't change the second 'top' code.

J

msdana
  • 2006/11/14 22:41

• msdana

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/12/11

JamesSAEP,

You may want to look into the rw-banner module. I've been playing with this module for a few days and think it's great. You can choose the target location

HTH
[size=x-small]If God is watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining.[/size]
Graphic Worx : Xoops Themes

JamesSAEP
  • 2006/11/15 15:16

• JamesSAEP

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

// Banners List
(and)

// Finished Banners List

I made the changes, but was still having a problem. It turned out that the the problem was w/ the flash banner - the url was embedded into it... Problem solved.

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits