veaglarwen
missing user menu after installation of 2.2.3a
  • 2005/12/5 8:07

• veaglarwen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/2

Taken over from a thread earler...
Quote:
My only other installation problem that I've ran into is my user menu block not displaying. Do you have time to assist with that one too?

We've established that it is turned on. it is assigned to the right groups. it is set correctly--its just not showing up.

Mithrandir wrote:
Quote:
However, I don't think I can help more - if the block is set visible, to show up on all pages and available to registered users... then it should show up.

You haven't accidently removed yourself from the registered users group, have you?

All of my other blocks are working fine except this one. I've even deleted it and created a new one, and the site will just not display it.

I checked the registered groups and I'm still listed as a registered user. I've also recieved a request regarding it from a regular registered user as well.

here is my data:
Website URL:http://www.allisonmackonline.com
XOOPS Version: XOOPS 2.2.3 Final
XOOPS Theme: green
XOOPS Template Set: amocom
PHP Version: 4.4.1
MySQL Version: 4.0.25-standard
Server Software: Apache/1.3.34 (Unix) mod_auth_passthrough/1.8 mod_log_bytes/1.2 mod_bwlimited/1.4 PHP/4.4.1 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 mod_ssl/2.8.25 OpenSSL/0.9.7a
User's Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8) Gecko/20051111 Firefox/1.5

jdseymour
Re: missing user menu after installation of 2.2.3a

I would say a possible file corruption. Open the archive of XOOPS that you are using (maybe best to download fresh, just in case) re upload the system module, update it in the modules administration page (to reload all your templates to the database), If you are using any cloned templates, you will need to generate or delete and regenerate them manually, (or reclone fresh).

Recheck the block and permission settings. Hopefully it will be showing.

veaglarwen
Re: missing user menu after installation of 2.2.3a
  • 2005/12/5 15:20

• veaglarwen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/2

Alright, the issue is not really solved but the source of the issue isn't xoops, so I'm taking it up with koudanshi.

I restored the system_blocks.php file from the original XOOPS file and updated the system module and the user menu appeared as normal.

I then uploaded koudanshi's ipb1.5b version and it went missing again.

So, thanks for your help on this one! It definately is some sort of file corruption. Hopefully bbixel is working on it.

In the mean time, I've created a "User Menu" custom block which will suffice for the moment.

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits