ghettonet
connection broken
  • 2005/12/4 7:58

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/12/4

I hate to bother you guys, but for the life of me i cannot get this thing to work and I really need it to. the error message i get is: An error occurred while loading :
Connection to host ghettonet.no-ip.org is broken. here is my setup:
PHP? Version - 4.3.4
SQL Version - 4.0.18
Apache - 2.0
Xoops? 2.2.3a
Do you have a DB, with correct name and pass - yes, i checked

Register Globals, on/off? i really dont know

Xoops URL? http://ghettonet.no-ip.org/~dbsql/html
Xoops Path? home/dbsql/public_html/

Can you see install.php? no, not with a browser

Can you see index.php? again, not with a browser (only in vi)

Can you loging? i turned loging on, but cant see any

any help would be GREATLY appreciated

m0nty
Re: connection broken
  • 2005/12/4 9:33

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

check in mainfile.php that the url is correct.

i see you are using no-ip.com which means you're probly using your own pc..make sure that the dns forwarding is properly setup. at no-ip.com and that your ip address is being reported back to no-ip correctly

also the url in mainfile.php would need to be the no-ip addy and not localhost or your ip address.

not sure about your url path tho with the ~dbsql/html path.. are you sure these paths are correct?

Xoops URL? http://ghettonet.no-ip.org/~dbsql/html
Xoops Path? home/dbsql/public_html/

they don't look right to me..

ghettonet
  • 2005/12/4 19:11

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

yeah, thanks for the help, im trying that now.

(im using no-ip but i have a webserver. im really poor. haha)

yeah, the paths are right, kind of.

i guess it should be just /~dbsql/ for the XOOPS url (because the top level of XOOPS would be located in the public_html directory for user dbsql. I put /~dbsql/html/ because thats where the index.php is.

ghettonet
  • 2005/12/4 20:29

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

hm. i checked the urls and paths like you said, but im still getting "connection broken". the thing is it is only with xoops, all my other pages are alive and all services (ssh,ftp,etc.) are still running. (Trust me, i would not be bothering you guys if i hadn't been trying on and off for about 4 months.) thank you for the quick responses though, you guys are great.

m0nty
  • 2005/12/4 20:40

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

hmm well i'm not sure on how to use no-ip with an actual hosted webserver.. so i'm not sure exactly on the implications of how they do the dns forwarding etc..

could you try a phpinfo() script?

create a text file in notepad

then paste this code into it and save it as phpinfo.php

phpinfo();
?>

then call that script from the browser.. if it works you'll see lots of information..

in the info you will be able to see the actual url to the script and also the actual path of the script that's reported. if all that seems fine, then it's definitely a MySQL db access problem..

(could try changing the sql db access to % and localhost) maybe it's not letting you connect somewhere along the line..

ghettonet
  • 2005/12/5 5:36

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

I tried that, the paths seem fine, and the same error is still the same. The funny part is before everytime i did an install i got the "blank page" error. now, the error only shows up when attempting to load XOOPS with Konqueror, when i use Firefox, nothing happens (it says loading for a couple seconds then it says "Done", it doesnt leave the current loaded page).

I own the webserver, so i have total root on it, any server logs that might help?

Thank you

ghettonet
  • 2005/12/5 5:39

• ghettonet

• Not too shy to talk

i did what you said, and got nowhere. I own the server, so i have access to all the logs, any of those be any help?

Thanks

Login

Who's Online

491 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 491

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits