lmartinus
Is it possible to modify the registration form ?
  • 2005/11/29 8:56

• lmartinus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/29

Hello everyone !

I am writing as I would like to know whether there is any admin module in oder to modify the registration form ?

Alternatively, is there any tutorial explaining how to do it on one's own ?

I did not find anything relevant using the "Search" option...

Thank you very much for you help!

Regards,

Martin.

tedsmith
Re: Is it possible to modify the registration form ?
  • 2005/11/29 9:55

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

You can modify anything In Xoops, but how easy it is depends on what you want to modify.

If you want to add additional fields, then that's a bit tricky because you have to create associated database values etc and insert them into your templates. I can't help wit that.

But if you just want to change the layout of what's already there, then you can edit the template for the registration form (not sure of the name but should be in the system templates). If you just want to change the wording, I tend to do a copy and paste of the phrase I want to edit, then use a text Search (Dreamweavers Search & Replace is create for this providing you select 'Source Code' and not 'Text') over your locally stored website folder. Usually the values are either in a Language folder in a file called called main.php of either a module or the main root Language folder. Then just re-word the text between the ' and ' .

Ted

fowldogg
  • 2005/11/29 10:55

• fowldogg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/22

Quote:

lmartinus wrote:
Hello everyone !

I am writing as I would like to know whether there is any admin module in oder to modify the registration form ?

Alternatively, is there any tutorial explaining how to do it on one's own ?

I did not find anything relevant using the "Search" option...

Thank you very much for you help!

Regards,

Martin.

You can use the new extended profiles module to add new fields to show in the registration form.

frescoVA
  • 2006/2/11 22:12

• frescoVA

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/20

I've installed The latest version and se the Extend Profiles Module - however What do I have to do to add fields to the registration form? And, is there a manual somewhere?

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits