shank
Looking for help building a module
  • 2005/11/28 2:51

• shank

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/17

I am trying to design a module and thought I could figure it out, but it seems to be more than I bargained for.

I can do it with lots of php files and stuff, but would like to make it a real XOOPS module.

I downloaded a skeleton module from xoopermod or whatever it is.

The concept of the module if fairly simple I think.

It is going to be a list of rock climbing routes, but could be used for almost anything that needed to be organized by geographical location I believe.

Is any one willing to give it a look and point me in the right direction?
s l s h a n k l e @ b e l l s o u t h . n e t

gestroud
Re: Looking for help building a module
  • 2005/11/28 8:19

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

If it's just going to be a list with some basis information, you could probably do that with any module that allows you to create categories.

If you're looking for a module that is a directory with maps to locations with physical addresses, take a look at xdirectory's code and see if you can tailor it to your needs. The problem is you do need a nearby street address.

If you want to work with an api that's already developed and can probably be ported into XOOPS, maybe the Google Maps API may be of interest. I'm toying around with it for a couple of community web sites I working on, but since I a not a php coder, I'm most likely going to use it in an i-frame. But if you know php who knows what you can come up with ...

Login

Who's Online

150 user(s) are online (78 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 150

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits