abravilla
Creating a URL variable for module directories
  • 2005/11/25 22:38

• abravilla

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/14

Hello,

Maybe there is already a url variable for this purpose... I'm not sure. Let me explain what I need it for:

I'm looking to basically put two side-by-side variable images in the header of a site, and I need the images to change to reflect the current section of the site that is being viewed. (For example, if the visitor clicked on the link to the "Showroom" section, then pictures of the showroom would display in the header.)

I thought one way to do it would be to create a url variable (similiar to XOOPS_URL) for the current module being viewed, and then store the images in each of the module directories. Then I would name each section's header images the same, such as pic1 & pic2, and then I would code the MOD_DIR_URL/dir/pic1.jpg etc. into the html of the theme...

Am I on the right track here? If so, can someone please explain how I could make that happen? I really not have much experience with php, but I can take directions very well! Or if you know of a more efficient way, please tell me that too!

If I presented any of these detail in an unclear way, please let me know and I will try to explain it better.

Thank you for any assistance in advance!

-dan

skenow
Re: Creating a URL variable for module directories
  • 2005/11/26 0:07

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

I think you'll find what you're looking for in this thread

LazyBadger
Re: Creating a URL variable for module directories

Except two notice - php in theme is suxx, and adding into header.php may doesn't work in 2.0.13.2

but in standard heder.php exist at least two usable smart-vars
xoops_dirname
xoops_requesturi
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

Login

Who's Online

102 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 102

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits