Kasch
Using both Newbb 2 and Newbb Pro? Or giving up Xoops...
  • 2005/11/22 9:07

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/9 2

Hi

I am using Newbb Pro today and it stinks because I can not upgrade my XOOPS v. 2.0.7.3. Newbb Pro seems to mess up the upgrade.

First of all I need Newbb 2. But I can not delete the old forum with 2500+ posts. So I was thinking of cloning Newbb 2 so that it will be possible to use the Newbbpro as a closed forum archive. Not the perfect solution - but the only one I guess? Is it possible?

If it is possible - what will happen when I am trying to upgrade the XOOPS core? Or future upgrades of Newbb 2? Will XOOPS try to overwrite Newbb Pro because it will be the original forum module?

What can I do? I am soon about to give up XOOPS since I am stuck with Newbb Pro and XOOPS v. 2.0.7.3...

Please help?

/Karl

jdseymour
Re: Using both Newbb 2 and Newbb Pro? Or giving up Xoops...

If you download newbb 2.02 first, inside the update folder is a newbbpro_to_newbb2.php. Backup your site of course first, run the script to upgrade to newbb2. After you upgrade to newbb 2.02 then you can upgrade to the latest CBB 1.15.

During the upgrade you can delete the current newbb folder with no loss of data as all posts are contained in the database.

See the Newbb1 to Newbb2 upgrade flash tutorial to show how to do it. But make sure you do a backup before any changes are made.

HTH.

Kasch
  • 2005/11/23 16:28

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
If you download newbb 2.02 first, inside the update folder is a newbbpro_to_newbb2.php. Backup your site of course first, run the script to upgrade to newbb2. After you upgrade to newbb 2.02 then you can upgrade to the latest CBB 1.15.

Thanks, I tried that, but the update script will not work! I get red errors, on every try to update the database.

What can I do?

davidl2
  • 2005/11/23 16:43

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Can you give more details of where the script isnt working, or of the error messages?

Kasch
  • 2005/11/23 16:56

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

Well now I reinstalled Pro again just to have something working for my users. But the script just told me "can't update data base tabel xx" or something like that. Nothing else.

Kasch
  • 2005/11/27 21:09

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

OK, so back to where I started if it is not possible to upgrade... Anyone?

Shine
  • 2005/11/27 22:32

• Shine

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2002/7/22

Quote:

Kasch wrote:
But the script just told me "can't update data base tabel xx" or something like that. Nothing else.

To get accurate help, your information regarding error msgs should be more specific. Nobody can give proper support with: "database tabel xx .. or something like that"

Kasch
  • 2005/11/29 15:09

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

When trying to update there are a few check lines that should be green. The red colored error messages does not tell me anything but that it could not write to these tables that are mentioned default i green.

But OK... I will get back when I have tried and failed again then if this will help me.

Login

Who's Online

494 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 494

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits