Innovative IT Solutions

Bananadude
Re: AMS isnt working.
  • 2005/11/17 8:20

• Bananadude

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/16

Thank you Ryan, Brash and everyone at it-hq

But preview of an article does still not work for me, both short description and full story disapears in the preview when I click on the previewbutton.

And the koivi for AMS can't find some of the words in the language-file.

errors from phpdebug:
Warning [PHP]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file class/xoopseditor/koivi/formwysiwygtextarea.php line 65
Warning [PHP]: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in file class/xoopseditor/koivi/formwysiwygtextarea.php line 65
--- censored by Bananadude ---

brash
  • 2005/11/17 9:34

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

For the preview function to work, you must have register globals turned on in your PHP environment. Not pretty I know, and I would advise you consider the security risks with doing this before enabling it. I'm not sure what the PHP arrors are a result of.
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

Bananadude
  • 2005/11/17 12:27

• Bananadude

• Not too shy to talk

I'm not gonna turn register globals on, so I just remove the previewbutton instead and wait with it until AMS is developed to make it without register globals.

But would be nice if someone could help me with the other problems.

[edit] just tried with register global ON, and preview did not work then either for me. But it surely has something to do with the server cause I tried with the exactly same filestructure and database on a another server and there preview worked fine, any ideas on what else I can change?

PHP: 4.4.0-4
MySQL: 4.1.15
Xoops: 2.2.3
AMS: 2.41

Thanks for all help so far

Poslanik
  • 2005/11/17 19:28

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

Koivi now shows, thank you. But as usual another problem occurs. I simply can't write in the text field. Some times I can though, but some times can't. Why and how? I have no idea lol... I see the text area where I should write the content of the article but I can't do it, I keep clicking there for the text cursor to appear but nothing. I managed to get it on a few times, but don't know how.

brash
  • 2005/11/17 21:12

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Not sure why register globals is not working, I was sure that was what made the difference for me . Not sure of why the other problems are happening...
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

Bananadude
  • 2005/11/17 21:12

• Bananadude

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:
Poslanic wrote:
Koivi now shows, thank you. But as usual another problem occurs. I simply can't write in the text field. Some times I can though, but some times can't. Why and how? I have no idea lol

maybe you have deactivated javascript, in Firefox you can activate it with:
go to Tools >> Properties (or something, it's on the bottom), hit the globe on your left hard and check the box Allow JavaScript.

Best Regards,
Bananadude

Poslanik
  • 2005/11/18 7:26

• Poslanik

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/11

No, I have it turned on. But really, this is MOST strange. Now I can write in the first field (teaser) but I can't start writing in the other one (extended text).

Bananadude
  • 2005/11/18 8:57

• Bananadude

• Not too shy to talk

hehe yupp, I know what you mean, it was exactly like that with me earlyer, but it suddenly went away and I thought it was because of JavaScript when I tried to "reproduce" it =p
hmm maybe your site haven't finished loading? ..the "error" occurs then to, try hit update/F5 and make sure it's finished loading and see what happens.
Good luck

stephenv
  • 2005/11/18 9:44

• stephenv

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/8 1

Yeah, I'm having these sorts of weird problems too.

What web browser are you using?

I have tried adding articles via AMS, using Koivi editor, with both Firefox and Internet Explorer on two different machines.

Firefox has no trouble on either machine, but on one PC when I use IE it has what sounds like the same problem you are having, yet when I use IE on the other PC it has no problem!

The problem being that I can edit only the plain text input fields (like "Title", "Banner/sponsor" & "Select file"), but NOT the wysiwyg fields "Article Text" or "Extended Text". However, both those fields ARE editable if I select the "HTML" check box(es) on the bottom right corners of those fields.

This certainly indicates a problem with how IE is configured on my first PC, but I haven't had a chance to properly compare and contrast the settings with each other - I will have to try that later this evening or at the weekend.

Login

Who's Online

86 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 86

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits