kalamata
User Registration and Polls
  • 2005/11/16 18:20

• kalamata

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/3/3 1

Dear All,

I am using XOOPS 2.0.9.2 and I have a couple of problems.

i) I want the user to input his real name during registration. I added the following line of code in include/registerform.php
$reg_form->addElement(new XoopsFormText(_US_REALNAME, "name", 30, 60), true);
to make it compulsory. It works fine, except that when the user finally registers, his real name shows nowhere. Is there any other change that I need to make?

ii) I want to be able to have different polls running on different pages. So, for example, if the page name is test1.php then I want to have poll with id 12 but when the page name changes to page2.php, I want poll with id 24 to appear. Is that possible?

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks in advance.

George

davidl2
Re: User Registration and Polls
  • 2005/11/16 18:30

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

You could clone the polls module and therefore be able to control better where it appears.. but you'd need to clone the templates of course as well....

Don't know if theres a better way that that sorry

TottoBG
  • 2005/11/16 21:57

• TottoBG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/8/18

For 1) to show it in the userinfo page (i.e. for your own profile just click on 'View Profile' link somewhere around there, for other users profiles may need to have the xoopsmembers module to link their profile pages) you also have to edit the 'userinfo.php' in your main XOOPS directory and the 'system_userinfo.html' template to make it shown there.

kalamata
  • 2005/11/18 12:33

• kalamata

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/3/3 1

The problem with the page is that it is a custom page, not a XOOPS one. It is one I made with XOOPS blocks but it is a custome page that will not be in the selection menu for the pages you want to include the block in.

George

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits