DevlshOne
A Few Questions
  • 2005/11/15 1:03

• DevlshOne

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/15

These are questions I have posted around the forums but have not had answers to so I thought I would compile them into a single thread and see who can provide some input.

1) Is there a way with XOOPS 2.2.3 to use multiple sites in different subdomains with a single user database?

2) How would I go about adding a "New Users Today" counter to the New Members block?

3) Is there a hack for CBB that allows users to enter specific fields about their uploaded attachment?

4) Why doesn't the "lost password" module pay attention to the password length rules as set in the admin section? It will send out 6 character passwords even though the minimum password length is set to 8.

Thanks for your help.
[size=x-small]Dawn of War Planet
RTS Planet
[/size]

m0nty
Re: A Few Questions
  • 2005/11/15 1:25

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

1. yes.. use the multisites hack, see the XOOPS core hacks forum.

2. not sure, but it's possible.

3. no.. (but why not add the specifics in the topic post instead??) something like: the attachment below is......

4. probably overlooked, but seriously! does it matter?? as the new password is randomly generated, and most users will change it anyway once they have access again..

the make password function doesn't take into account the password length as it doesn't use that function.. altho i don't see a reason why it couldn't.. i'll take a look and post how to if it's important for you to have it like that..

DevlshOne
  • 2005/11/15 1:36

• DevlshOne

• Just popping in

I will test the multi-site hack but it looks to be what I have been searching for!

2) do we have a coder in the house that could show me what lines to add to the template?

3) Adding such info to the topic is a horrid idea - the topic would be huge.

4) I would assume that users would change their password when they gain access, too. But, will they be able to gain access at all if the minimum password length is not adhered to by the lost password code or will it continue to deny them access because of the length!?!? I'm just looking for some uniformity, here. If users are forced to use a specific length, so should the package.

Thanks for your responses.
RTS Planet
[/size]

m0nty
  • 2005/11/15 3:04

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

yes they'll still be able to login fine :)

the password length check only functions when the user enters the password on registration/or changes password via edit profile..

if you want to change the length of the password generated in lost pass

edit xoops_root/include/functions.php

find on line 237 (or there abouts)

function xoops_makepass($length = 5) {

and change the 5 to whatever value you want..

DevlshOne
  • 2005/11/15 6:04

• DevlshOne

• Just popping in

This should be incorporated into the next XOOPS version, please.

To fix the minimum password length in the lost password function, add line:

$length $xoopsModuleConfig['minpass'];

after
function xoops_makepass($length 5) {

$makepass '';

Thanks again.
RTS Planet
[/size]

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits