dmgdesighs
Question about XOOPS capabilities
  • 2005/11/13 13:34

• dmgdesighs

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/11

Hi all, I hope you can help me.
I am not a web developer but do know enough about php, html, cgi etc to create web pages and under stand how it all works. I have volunteered to help a local nonprofit group setup a web site with information about their small nature center. The site will be several pages of content and information plus a calendar and weekly updates about birds and wildlife visiting the center. All the members of the non-profit are volunteers as well and very non-technical. I don't have the time to maintain the site as often as they want. My question is will XOOPS allow me to setup a web site that would allow the group to update information weekly and create new pages of content as needed. (Also there will be many photos.) These people are pretty much computer illiterate.

If so could you suggest modules that I could install that would allow this to happen.

Thank you very much for all your help.
Mark

highlander
Re: Question about XOOPS capabilities
  • 2005/11/13 14:15

• highlander

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/12/5

Hi Mark, welcome to Xoops.

Sounds like XOOPS is exactly what you need.
I would have a look at the modules ExtCal (for the calender) and News 1.42 as a news module.
That should get you going into the right direction.

Happy Xoopsing, Highlander
So, I'm in the park wondering why frisbees get larger as they get closer when suddenly, it hits me...
www.AnimalPedigree.com

Login

Who's Online

149 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 149

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits