Thank you very much by your work.
I hope with emotion.

Chainsaw
Re: Multisite HACK for 2.2.3 Final
  • 2005/11/8 2:27

• Chainsaw

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/9/28

Any luck with packaging the full module yet? I had to delete and reinstall my test site again.
XOOPSed and Excited!
http://www.albanycc.org.nz...

JulioNC
  • 2005/11/8 2:51

• JulioNC

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/8

But I work '?

does not exist demo?

Mithrandir

Sorry for the wait, but here it is:

Multisite Hack for XOOPS 2.2.3 Final

It is to be used under CAREFUL attention to the details - you can really mess up your site database with this.

Enjoy - and if something isn't clear, then ask me to elaborate and I will do so.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

m0nty
  • 2005/11/12 0:14

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

cheers mith :)

although i'm getting this when ttryin to download it >

The requested URL /modules/wfdownloads/xoops.web-udvikling.dk/uploads/multisite_for_XOOPS_2.2.3Final.tar.gz was not found on this server.

Mithrandir

Sorry - URL fixed
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Mamba
  • 2005/11/26 11:03

• Mamba

• Since: 2004/4/23

Hi Jan,

congratulations! It seems like we are getting closer! :)

I downloaded your hack and installed. Everything went well. I was also able to install a second site and be able to access it.

However, I might need some more detailed info on how actually select the appropriate tables to achieve following effects:

1) All users should be able to access all the multisites transparently, i.e. the same passwords and the same profiles and configurations.

2) Some modules should be shared among all the websites, e.g. xoopsmembers. If I installed the module on the main Website, all the multisites were sharing it w/o problems.

3) Some modules should be installed individually on each sites, as they will be site-specific, e.g. xoopspolls.

And that's where I have problems.

I tried to install the xoopspools in various combinations, but w/o success. Somehowe I can't figure out the right combination.

Sometimes I am getting an error:

Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read resource: "db:system_block_mainmenu.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1084

Anyone who had more luck? If yes, i.e. you were able to install it where some of the modules were shared, and ohers were non-shared, please let me know the correct configuration.
Support XOOPS => DONATE
Use 2.5.10 | Docs | Modules | Bugs

m0nty
  • 2005/11/26 12:19

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

@mamba

to share users, then share the users table.

to share profiles, share the extend profile module.

individual modules unique to each site then don't share that module.. you need to goto each site and install each module on each site that you want to use. then in the main site (the 1 you installed the site module to) you should also have those modules installed there too.. if you want to share a module between each site then you share that modules tables aswell..

but you must make sure that you goto each site and install the same modules on each.. those that you don't select as shared in the main site, will then be unique to each site.

the smarty problem is because you haven't set write permissions in the templates_c folder

i'm not sure but in each sites directory you may need to actually create a templates_c folder and a cache folder.. i have not installed this hack yet as i haven't got round to it.. but that maybe the cause.

kalhell
  • 2005/12/8 11:13

• kalhell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/19

Hello all

I installed the maijn site : site1. Then I installed the site module as explained and created site2 :

The parameters are :
Site Name site2
Site URLhttp://localhost/site2
Theme Path empty
Templates Path empty
Upload Path empty
Cache Path empty
URI Pattern 0 localhost/site2
DBPrefix site2

Then I created the alias : site2 wich points to site1 repository.

I restart Apache and click on site2. I arrived on site2 then login. And there I am redirectesd tohttp://localhost/site1/error.php?c=1. I am redirected to site1 !!!

What should I do ?

Thanks

kalhell
  • 2005/12/8 16:12

• kalhell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/19

OK I got it u have to customize the name of the session and the cookie

Login

Who's Online

257 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 257

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits