yeziha
What's wrong with the admin??
  • 2005/11/11 1:23

• yeziha

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/22

I moved the site to another host, and verything seems ok but for one thing: when I go to the Admin section I get the following message:

"This is your first time to enter the administration section. Press the button below to proceed".

I ckick on Submit below, and I'm cast on this page with this message again, seems like I'm looping there. I simply cannot pass this page.
When the page reloads, I see "failed open file" message in the corner.

How to repair it?
THanx in advance

gediminasbyt
Re: What's wrong with the admin??

Can you enable phpdebug and look at server logs? It's probably permissions problem.

Gediminas

yeziha
  • 2005/11/11 9:07

• yeziha

• Just popping in

Thank you, gediminasbyt
But debug mode is on and
after I click on Submit buttom below "This is your first..." message, I go to "Logging You IN" page, but the only error displayed - "failed open file".

McNaz
  • 2005/11/11 9:17

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/21

Check permissions on your cache folder and contents. This needs to be world writable and readable.

yeziha
  • 2005/11/11 10:03

• yeziha

• Just popping in

I've just set 777 fo cash folder and 666 for adminmenu.php file. Is that right?
But no result - still redirected to this "first time" message.
(BTW, at the forum it's a alright with the admin - everything works).

McNaz
  • 2005/11/11 10:18

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

Delete adminmenu.php as i suspect it is the old one. This should be rebuilt by XOOPS when one doesn't exist.

yeziha
  • 2005/11/11 10:47

• yeziha

• Just popping in

Thank you, I tried that twice - no result
1) the file was not rebiult
2) cannot logout from my profile page - the buttons simply disappear.
3)it takes several attempts to logout if I do it in the User Menu

just don't know what to do (I placed the file back now)

yeziha
  • 2005/11/11 17:29

• yeziha

• Just popping in

Much grateful to those who tried to help.

Anyway, i got into System/Admin, but the left part is absent and the following error/

Warning [PHP]: xoops_cp_header(/home/flofik/public_html/xoops/cache/adminmenu.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in file include/cp_functions.php line 55
Warning 
[PHP]: xoops_cp_header(): Failed opening '/home/flofik/public_html/xoops/cache/adminmenu.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php'in file include/cp_functions.php line 55
Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined variablexoops_admin_menu_js in file include/cp_functions.php line 72
Warning 
[PHP]: xoops_cp_footer(/home/flofik/public_html/xoops/cache/adminmenu.php): failed to open streamNo such file or directory in file include/cp_functions.php line 159

etc

McNaz was absolutely right - the problem is in adminmenu.php file. It exists, but cannot be opened. I tried deleting, but it wasn't configured. The wants some index file in cache folder now?

McNaz
  • 2005/11/11 18:22

• McNaz

• Just can't stay away

Hi yeziha.

Sorry for not posting back but your problem has me stumped. Normally if the adminmenu.php is missing it will b rebuilt (after generating a few errors in admin). I am slightly worried that you said that once you deleted it, it was not recreated.

It should have been recreated if your /public_html/cache folder is set to 777. For some reason, PHP and the user under which the PHP process is running at cannot read, or more worryingly, write to the cache folder.

Can you check the ownership of this folder and the adminmenu.php file. Check who is the owner of new files created under templates_c and if these match (or not).

Good luck as I am out of suggestions

Cheers.

McNaz.

TottoBG
  • 2005/11/11 20:50

• TottoBG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/8/18

hallo xoopers, as i know this was the way the XOOPS system reacted when you deleted some kind of admin section template file from one of the template_c or cache directory (even not sure which one of them it was)? or am i'm missing sth here? mean it's not a real problem at all, everything should be working as it was before

Login

Who's Online

249 user(s) are online (170 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 249

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits