xvitry
a download management module based on user and not on group perms
  • 2005/11/10 9:16

• xvitry

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/25

Hi

I'm looking for a module that allow admin to upload files and give permissions to users and not to groups.

Users would a block that show their files and check when they have seen/read it.

does anybody have ever seen a module that can do this.

I know DMS can do something similar, but it looks complicated for me (I d'on't need, yet, a life cyle option).

Only : Upload, pemission to user, reading by user

It could be a PM with attachment option also...

Thanks.

JMorris
Re: a download management module based on user and not on group perms
  • 2005/11/10 11:32

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

To the best of my knowledge, this is not possible because XOOPS only uses group based permissions and all modules interface with the integrated group permissions feature. The only exception is <{if $xoops_isadmin}> and <{if_$xoops_isuser}>.

I would think that this wouldn't be too difficult to tackle for a skilled developer since (I think) all they would have to do is change the ckecking from group id to user id, but I'm not a developer, so I may be wrong.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Codyko
Re: a download management module based on user and not on group perms
  • 2005/11/10 13:17

• Codyko

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/5 7

Hi xvitry,

I think JMorris has answered your questions. Here I just want to share a little tips with you , which may help. I am using xcgal module of which I need to apply permission checking on the users. To acheive the effect of "user permissions", I have set up a hierarchy of groups like below :

Group 1 : user1

Group 2 : user2

Group 3 : user3

Group 4 : user1 , user2, user3

E.g, if I want files to be accessed by user1 only, I grant files 's permissions on group1 .

Regarding "user based" permission, I find
XOOPSGALLERY is quite interesting that it checks against individual users instead of groups.

Regards
Cody

Login

Who's Online

163 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 163

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits