fblanchet
Looking for a Xoops Groups Manager Hack
  • 2005/11/8 15:08

• fblanchet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/14

#OOPS#o everyone,
i'm looking for someone who can help me figure this core hack. I'm creating somekind of Club Module, where my regular members can become part of "Sub communities". Users must register, and if moderator of this community accept, he receives permission to restricted pages.

The method i'm using is with the XOOPS Groups. I basicaly create a new group for every "clubs", and when someone becomes a member, their user profile receives that "Xoops group".

Now i'm looking for a way for the moderator to be able to give those special access... the only way i know of is with the admin backoffice... But there must be a way a "club leader" can "upgrade" a user with correct XOOPS group.

I really need this feature, and willing to pay someone to complete this. Thanks in advance!

Frederic Blanchet
President Connexions247.com

gtop00
Re: Looking for a Xoops Groups Manager Hack
  • 2005/11/8 16:34

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Dear fblanchet,

This is a very old and painfull story for xoops.
It seems that there is some light at the end of the tunell thanks to "jesore" (hopefully). Have a look here.

fblanchet
  • 2005/11/8 16:46

• fblanchet

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/14

Thanks for the reply gtop00,

we are using Amember in order subscribe new users to xoops. We added a cutom feature to Amember that allows us to "upgrade" users to another XOOPS group. We simply created a page called something like: upgrade.php?price_group=-3 ...

3= XOOPS group club.

The problem with this, is that everyone can join, so theres no moderated options here... What happens if you want a private community... can't work out like this.

now i'm thinking of hacking my way into amember instead of xoops.

gtop00
  • 2005/11/8 16:50

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

I know aMember solution for a long time.
My problem is that it does not support other languages (Greek in my case). Thanks anywhay!

Login

Who's Online

281 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 281

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits