linuxdude
Howto - converting "add on's" to Xoops ?
  • 2005/10/9 11:34

• linuxdude

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/8

Hi there dude´s/dudett´s !

Does it exist any guideline/howto for converting "add on´s" from xxx Nuke (or Mambo) into
Xoops ?

I have done a little script in Python to convert modules from:
Xoops-->E-Xoops/RunCMS -->Ciamos

My goal is to extend this script to handle the xxx Nuke add on´s as
well.

PhpNuke
PostNuke ---> XOOPS --> RunCMS/E-Xoops --> Ciamos
xyzNuke ?
Mambo ?

I know that this must sound crazy, but the fact is that most
modules can be converted by this script today, and will work
allmost "out of the box". The only main problem issue today is the degree of smarty support in the module.

So....is there any module hackers out there with experience of converting modules from xyz Nuke/Mambo into XOOPS that could share their experiences ?

best regards.

the dude

DCrussader
Re: Howto - converting "add on's" to Xoops ?

Quote:
Xoops-->E-Xoops/RunCMS -->Ciamos
it's not something like founding something new, XOOPS as u say and mean 1.3, is fully compatible with e-xoops/runcms and few conversions to ciamos, cos ciamos is based on RunCMS, with replaced xoops_root to system_root, and adding few big troubles in the core, with the main developers can handle it :)

If XOOPS was still in the 1.3 core, it will be easy to create convertor such this one, but after 2.0.5 and ading Smarty templates, XOOPS makes (in 10% incompatible with all other CMS, such as Mambo (which still dont have module update/upgrade feature) :)

Nuke is awfull, PostNuke is good, but not enough to say cute...

So as I learn from another forum community, XOOPS in time years ago, was forked version of myPHPNuke (do u rember this ugly try to make an CMS), which is foked from PHPNuke.

First incompatibility comes between this two forks, and finaly after 2.0.5 release of XOOPS.

Eg. the older modules, currently compatible with RunCMS, with a little hacking can be converted to XOOPS 2.0/2.2, but I dont seen a point for such action.

Nuke modules are more than impossible to be converted, since un/officialy stoping of support of 7.7/7.8 and 7.9 by the most powerfull and professional community NukeScripts.NET (all forks are based on 7.6 such as Evolution Nuke or Platinium Nuke).

PostNuke, now with 0.7.6.1 takes separately way even from the allready dead eNvolution CMS, and dying trying MD-Pro. PostNuke currently is the only one CMS application with few modules, with possibilities to pick alternative such as XOOPS.

Mambo is look good, in some areas that are not very important for the end users, the important areas are missing from it, so show me at least one module, component for mambo wich is better than XOOPS modules, I'm using both of them from years, the only one module which is still in Mambo, but not in XOOPS is SMF (my guys are stuck with the code, Mith is on the same way too).

All others are almost the same to me, exept the framework Xaraya.

So if u wish to be really helpfull, better takeover and improve Kian's Lang Tool (online realtime translation module for XOOPS 2.0.x) instead of creating such converters.

This is just an suggestion and mine point of view... (no offence)
May The Source Be With You!

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits