barryc
Incorrect version showing in 2.2.3 upgrade
  • 2005/11/7 3:41

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

Hi all,

I just upgraded a new site I am developing from 2.2.1 to 2.2.3 using the final patch downloaded from the xoops.org. After upgrading, using the procedure outlined in the docs, the site still shows:

Powered by XOOPS 2.2.1 © 2001-2005 The XOOPS Project

The XOOPS 2.2.1 is a link and it points to xoops.org.cn (Xoops China). The XOOPS Project is also a link, pointing to xoops.org. I have seen comments on the News page related to the 2.2.3 upgrade about 2.0.13 sites not showing the correct version, but no explanation. The includes/version.php file does show the correct version.

Can anyone explain why the incorrect version is sill showing and why that first link points to XOOPS china?

Thanks,

Barry Cooper
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

rowdie
Re: Incorrect version showing in 2.2.3 upgrade
  • 2005/11/7 3:50

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

The XOOPS china link was a bug of XOOPS 2.2.1, if I remember correctly.

I suspect your site is displaying the footer meta tag stored in the database from your initial upload.

Try looking in admin->system preferences->meta tags footer, you should be able to change the value there.

Rowd

barryc
Re: Incorrect version showing in 2.2.3 upgrade
  • 2005/11/7 5:25

• barryc

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/3/20

Thanks Rowdie,

You are quite right and I completely forgot that the footer text is "hard coded" in the preferences/meta tags. I don't look at that very often.

It seems to me that it would be nice if the footer version number could be dynamically inserted as it is for admin pages. Failing that, it would be useful if a reminder to change it were inserted in the upgrade instructions.

Thanks again,

Barry
Barry Cooper
Sweet Home, Oregon

Login

Who's Online

504 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 504

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits