gig009
Modules admin install problems with 2.2.3
  • 2005/11/6 4:59

• gig009

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/2

I am using 2.2.3 and happy installing modules (some work with 2.2.3 some don't) however my biggest problem is that some of them eg CBB230 (which is for 2.2.+), survey_v0.6 Mithrandir, newbb, cjaycontent as mentioned in another post and others won't show up at all in the administration install section. I have never had trouble before installing modules, so I am quite confused.

I do have quite a few modules installed (to play with and to see which ones work with 2.2.3) would this have any effect on the new ones I am installing ie does XOOPS have a limit on the number for moduels installed?

Also when I go into the Modules/administation section I loose all the normal XOOPS admin template it just shows up as a white page with all the modules listed but without the XOOPS menu, header etc. What file can I replace as it seems I have inadvertently done something here to fix this.

I seem to be doing a lot of uploading with no results and I really would like to utilise one of the forums and survey modules.

I would really appreciate any assistance given or direction on what I might be doing wrong.

Regards
gig

JackJ
Re: Modules admin install problems with 2.2.3
  • 2005/11/6 6:16

• JackJ

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/8/31

Hello,

If you go to Preferemces--> General Settings check out which theme is your default admin theme, I personally use the default admin theme..other themes will alter the admin appearance quite a bit..

While you are in there, could you turn phpdebug on and then visit the problem pages and paste the results here if any? Otherwise we are working in the dark...thanks..

If no errors are reported we will need to look at other things..
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results...

ALbert Einstein

gig009
  • 2005/11/6 6:45

• gig009

• Just popping in

Thank you, JackJ for your response which helped me fix the problem....I will explain....

I had an older version of wf-section still under the modules which I had renamed wfsectionold. When I turned on the php debug and went to the modules/admin area there were a whole lot of errors etc relating to the wfsectionold... so I deleted it and yehaaa order was restored. The modules/admin area is normal again and all my missing modules are there. I only have the following errors now....but I can live with them.

Notice [PHP]: Constant lä@ already defined in file modules/smartsection/language/english/modinfo.php line 155
Notice [PHP]: Constant (a–lä@ already defined in file modules/backup/language/english/modinfo.php line 24

Not sure what these mean, my php knowledge is limited. Should I fix them? if so how?

Oh by the way my admin was default.

Thank you again for your assistance I appreciate it you saved my sanity

regards

gig

JackJ
  • 2005/11/6 7:07

• JackJ

gig009

Glad it helped

The other php reports are not really errors, just notices that constants have been defined already, nothing to worry about..
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting different results...

ALbert Einstein

Bender
  • 2005/11/6 7:39

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Hey JackJ,

it has been a while. Nice to see you around again.
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

gig009
  • 2005/11/6 7:42

• gig009

• Just popping in

JackJ

Thank you again for your help

Regards
gig

JackJ
  • 2005/11/6 8:46

• JackJ

I am off topic..but,

thanks Bender, your looking well..

I will catch up with you hopefully in WF-Projects once I am up to speed with things.

The latest XOOPS is very impressive, a big pat on the back to the team. I see I will need to completly re-do XOOPS For Dummies..not that its needed with all the great new support material and hekpfull community.

Best regards

ALbert Einstein

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits