starduster
Xoops Footer
  • 2005/11/6 4:44

• starduster

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/5

I know how to edit it but I am unsure of what you are allowed and not allowed to do with it.

1. Are you allowed to change it to powered by yourown.com for instance instead of powered by xoops(I guess probably not)

2.Can you totally remove the powered by or does it have to remain unaltered.

I am very unclear about this and i do not want to get into any trouble in the future, If or when I buy a .com

Thanks, I am being cautious and am little confused.

zimmi88
Re: Xoops Footer
  • 2005/11/6 6:31

• zimmi88

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/9 1

As far as I know, there is no restriction when it comes to the footer, though it is courteous to put somewhere on the site that the site runs on the XOOPS platform.

-zimmi88 =)
"Need coffee, keep away..."

Bender
  • 2005/11/6 7:52

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Yes you surely can remove those without troubles.

What you cant remove is the copyright notices in the source files. But to the outside you don´t have to show anyone that it is Xoops.

(you might search for older gpl discussions to find more about this topic in this forum)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

starduster
  • 2005/11/6 12:33

• starduster

• Just popping in

Thankyou very much guys.

I would not be altering anything to do with source files whatsoever in any way or form. My concern was to do with how far could go altering the footer cosmeticly.

I am still not totally sure on the powered by your.com issue instead of powered by xoops.

I know you have probably answered that guys but I want to be double sure on this matter.

Thanks.

hervet
  • 2005/11/6 12:59

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Quote:

Bender wrote:
What you cant remove is the copyright notices in the source files. But to the outside you don´t have to show anyone that it is Xoops.

should be :
Quote:

Bender wrote:
What you cant NOT remove is the copyright notices in the source files. But to the outside you don´t have to show anyone that it is Xoops.

starduster
  • 2005/11/6 13:37

• starduster

• Just popping in

Thanks, Your the dudes.

I am sorry for having this clarified beyond reason. I had to be sure :)

Bender
  • 2005/11/6 15:25

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

hervet wrote:
Quote:

Bender wrote:

should be :
Quote:

Bender wrote:
What you cant NOT remove is the copyright notices in the source files. But to the outside you don´t have to show anyone that it is Xoops.

Now i am confused ... ok i wrote cant instead of can´t (i missed the ´) ... but to say "can not not" seems a bit overkill
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Login

Who's Online

155 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 155

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits