lovelacm
Quick Theme Change
  • 2005/11/3 20:28

• lovelacm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/2

Sorry folks, this may belong more in the Themes forum... but I'm a noob.

I'd like to make ONE small change to the default theme for now.. I'd like to remove the logo from the top-left corner (found that in the theme.html w/o problem) and replace it with a simple text link.. tried manually replacing the logo with a link in both the theme.html and the themeadmin.html.. no dice.

It's obvious that I'm not picking up on the structure and how this puppy is parsed by XOOPS. Can someone fire me in the right direction, please?

Many thanks.

ackbarr
Re: Quick Theme Change

before making any theme related changes, you'll want to disable smarty template caching for the theme. To do so, go to Preferences -> System -> General Settings and turn on the setting:
"Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?"

Turn this setting back off once you're done modifying your theme.

Since you have already made the changes to your theme, you can clear the smarty template cache by removing all files from the /templates_c folder. When you reload a page in your site, smarty will re-compile all necessary templates.
Site Hosting - PlanetXoops

Xetox
  • 2005/11/3 22:00

• Xetox

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/28

I have done this, and when I deleted the files in the template_c folder and refreshed it did not rebuild the mainmenu file, I had to go retrieve it from a backup.

lovelacm
  • 2005/11/3 23:09

• lovelacm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/2

Thanks guys. It worked like a champ after clearing the cache.

Cheers!

Login

Who's Online

137 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 137

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits