FruityB
I don't want people to register!,,,
  • 2005/11/2 12:35

• FruityB

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/19

Hi all,

I want to be able to let everyone view my site but people have to register before they can see anything! is there a way I can just switch over to an all access mode? then switch back to Register before access mode if I wanted?

I know I can set each module + block per user group but that would take me weeks.
http://www.fruitybids.2babe.com
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My xoops server is focked! using this for now!

beagle
Re: I don't want people to register!,,,
  • 2005/11/2 12:51

• beagle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

Weeks? How many Groups do you have?

You should be able to set the Anonymous users group settings to where they can view all the blocks by putting a check mark next to all the blocks for access.

winnesoup
  • 2005/11/2 13:11

• winnesoup

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/15

Actually I use this setup on most of my sites.
Anonymous --> only acces to login block

In that case after registering the user shifts from group anonymous to registered.

Or in database language (2.0.x): a user shifts from groupid 3 to 2 (1 is webmasters).
So by poking around in xoops_groups_permissions (table: I assume the databasename is xoops) you could manually (or by query) change all 3 groupids to 2 groupids.

After changing the data, just only add access to login block for anonymous users. Be sure you logged in as a member of webmasters!!

(Note: Allways first backup your database before manually altering data!!)

(Note 2: No, this doesn't provide a problem for other groups. The only thing you do is moving anonymous access to registered. Ok, it might be possible you get a couple of errors if registered users allready have access to that module or block, but of course it is allways best practice to first check which records need alteration.....)

Will_H
  • 2005/11/2 15:26

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

i have found that in some instances, adding a user to two groups gives both groups all the access of both groups. so for example if you have a user in your registered group and you also put him in the anonymous group all your anonymous users would be able to see and access everything that your registered users can. you would still be protected from anonymous posting and all that as long as you have those set.

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits