Kasch
Panic II: Recreate site will not work!
  • 2005/10/17 7:00

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/9 2

Hi

I recently tried to upgrade my site to XOOPS 2.2. It di not work, see: https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=42702&forum=1&post_id=186973#forumpost186973

No I have tried to recreate my old site by deleted all the site and uploading it again from the backup files. But it won't work! Please help! I have a few hundred impatient user waiting for me to get it up running again...

I get this error message when trying to enter the site:

Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing temporary file '/home/dreng/public_html/gimle/templates_c/43534b8629824' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042
Warning [PHP]: touch(): Unable to create file /home/dreng/public_html/gimle/templates_c/db%3Asystem_siteclosed.html because Permission denied in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1575
Warning [PHP]: fetch(/home/dreng/public_html/gimle/templates_c/db%3Asystem_siteclosed.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1164
Warning [PHP]: fetch(/home/dreng/public_html/gimle/templates_c/db%3Asystem_siteclosed.html): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1164
Warning [PHP]: fetch(): Failed opening '/home/dreng/public_html/gimle/templates_c/db%3Asystem_siteclosed.html' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1164
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: problem writing temporary file '/home/dreng/public_html/gimle/cache/43534b862e670' in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042

Herko
Re: Panic II: Recreate site will not work!
  • 2005/10/17 7:35

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

make sure your /templates_c/ folder is writable (chmod 777).

XOOPS 2.2 has a different database structure compared to 2.0.x tho, did you restore the database from the backup as well, or is that still in the 2.2.x sructure?

Herko

Kasch
  • 2005/10/17 8:04

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

OK, thanks! I should have thought of that... Now I can view the site and log in as an admin. But when trying to go to the admin section (to make the site public for reg users again) I get the message that its the first time I use the Admin section!

Then, when trying to continue to Admin:
"Fatal error: Call to undefined function: phpdefine() in /home/dreng/public_html/gimle/modules/iMenu/language/english/modinfo.php on line 1"

I am most greaatful for your help...

Herko
  • 2005/10/17 8:22

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

the /cache/ folder and /uploads/ folder need to be writable as well. The message about your first time admin is because the /cache/admin,emu.php file isn't there yet, the system will create it when it is missing, and that is the message you get when it does that.

The second error message I don't know, as I'm not familiar with the iMenu module. Make sure you have the complete module uploaded tho, it may be a missing file or something.

Herko

Kasch
  • 2005/10/17 8:29

• Kasch

• Not too shy to talk

OK, fixed that. But I still can't figure out why I cant go to the admin section and why I get the error message about iMenu.

Login

Who's Online

232 user(s) are online (160 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 232

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits