xb00t
Counter-Strike: Source theme (will pay)
  • 2005/3/19 16:46

• xb00t

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/19

I am looking to hire someone to create a theme for a Counter-Strike: Source news page. (for free will also work)Dont expect to earn millions. If you are willing to do it please PM me.

Theme details:
Clean disign
dark background
light colors (white/orange)
logo (not vital)
loading bar
fill screen (not fixed width)

Tabasco
Re: Counter-Strike: Source theme (will pay)
  • 2005/3/19 19:42

• Tabasco

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/26

You may want to check outhttp://xoops.montisarts.com/modules/news/

His themes fit the gaming world quite well.

We took one of his themes and basically just changed the top logohttp://www.redhour.us/

Tabby

tjnemez
  • 2005/3/19 20:45

• tjnemez

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/9/21

why are you set on a full width? i visited some of the counter strike sites and none of them are full width (most around 800px). is your site a new one or have you had a chance to see your visitors reso? i would estimate that 50 -60% use 1024x768. so in designing a site i would likely set width between 800-900px.

roujinz
  • 2005/10/17 4:41

• roujinz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/5

I too would be interested in gaming themes.
EX: BF2, CS, WOW, Far-Cry - a mixed theme that fits all online games would be awesome!

I too would not mind paying for a one-of-a-kind custom theme for my site!

Thanks!

-roujinz
www.clanzunited.com

Tabasco
  • 2005/10/17 4:56

• Tabasco

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/26

Quote:

roujinz wrote:
I too would be interested in gaming themes.
EX: BF2, CS, WOW, Far-Cry - a mixed theme that fits all online games would be awesome!

I too would not mind paying for a one-of-a-kind custom theme for my site!

Thanks!

-roujinz
www.clanzunited.com

roujinz, your site looks good. You want it better You did a nice job with it. Neat and well laid out.

Will_H
  • 2005/10/17 8:05

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

This is often a heated topic. I personally would love to see a plethora of gaming themes come out for free. However its just not likely. I will soon be purchasing a set from this guy. He does good prefabs and he is open to do custom jobs. Other than that i reccomend the ps2, xbox, and gamecube themes. you can see em at work here

I would love to also put together my own theme although the tuts that are available are not exactly what i was hoping for (beggars cant be choosers)

roujinz
  • 2005/10/17 21:20

• roujinz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/5

Quote:
roujinz, your site looks good. You want it better You did a nice job with it. Neat and well laid out.

Thanks Tabasco I appreciate the compliment!
But I wouldnt mind adding a few more graphics or having nicer borders around my blocks. I have had some members complain that it was a little dull looking and it needs some graphics, and we try to make the site what are user want, but of course can't please everyone!

Hey Biteronboard, I've checked out that site and he definately does have some nice themes, unfortunately most of the gaming themes are game specific. I will definately see if he would make me a custom theme. Thanks for the link!

-roujinz

JMorris
  • 2005/10/17 22:14

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I've mirrored the Linesweb collection of themes at MyWebResource. A few of them are gaming themes. Two that might be of particular interest are Linesweb HFKS and Linesweb CS-Source.

Linesweb.Xoops is no longer online, but I'm mirroring their themes for them because they are excellent examples of theme flexibility.

Hope this helps.

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Will_H
  • 2005/10/18 4:45

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Quote:

roujinz wrote:

Hey Biteronboard, I've checked out that site and he definately does have some nice themes, unfortunately most of the gaming themes are game specific. I will definately see if he would make me a custom theme. Thanks for the link!

-roujinz

Thats true the games are game specific at first, hoever its cake to change em over. For example i turned the fable theme into a WoW theme by including a sweet header and a custom icon pack. The Halo theme i turned into my example of hosted game types. the themes are so nice because they flow so well no matter which direction you choose to go with them.

Here is what i am doing for my cs theme. I am sure that you have steam installed. you can navigate to your steamapps folder and then into your profile and get tons of media for the games (i.e. cs) also Jmorris has a css theme that looks nice it just demands that you change your 3 column format to a 2 column. That does not work for me. Now he does have a nice little bit of content in there. So i am taking all this content and porting over to the halo 2 theme. Conveniently enough the halo2 theme is cs blue so it is looking very nice atm. you can see the halo2 theme in avtion along with some others here

JMorris, I have always liked your work. Just never really fitted what i was doing. any new theme projects on the burner?

JMorris
  • 2005/10/18 4:59

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Quote:
JMorris, I have always liked your work. Just never really fitted what i was doing. any new theme projects on the burner?

Thank you.

The Linesweb themes on MyWebResource are not my work. I'm just hosting the files so they don't slip into the dark void of forgotten contributions.

I've never really designed themes that were for the "gamer" crowd, but given the high demand as of late, I'm seriously considering seeing what I can come up with. The closest I've come so far is the "Fallout" theme, but it is highly specialized and not suitable for general use.

If I can get some free time, I might try my hand at a CS theme, but I cannot promise that it will be real soon.

In the meantime, you may want to look around at some of the commercial XOOPS theme sites as well as the hundreds of other template sites. If you don't find a pre-made XOOPS theme, you may find a website template that can be converted to XOOPS for a reasonable price.

Best Regards,

James
Insanity can be defined as "doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results."

Stupidity is not a crime. Therefore, you are free to go.

Login

Who's Online

135 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 135

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits