Herko
Re: Please help
  • 2005/10/15 12:35

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

JD, since the patches are only file updates (and not db updates), uplaoding the full latest version (sans the mainfile.php) will ensure ALL the files are up-to-date. That's a much surer way of upgrading then restoring the old version and patching it. Especially in this situation.

Herko

onecha
Theme problem
  • 2005/10/16 9:11

• onecha

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/30

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
Reupload all files from a fresh copy of your current version, over writing what is on the server.

I´m very afraid of doing that since I tried this in other websites and I totally lost them...

I think I could try first reuploading the important files, and not all, since my problem seems to be very specific, I remember you: It´s just that there´s no theme... Check it here: www.filipensesachao.com and even If I change of theme, it happens nothing

THANKS!!
MANY SMALL people doing MANY SMALL things in MANY SMALL places, can change the world. www.maketradefair.com

Jan304
Re: Theme problem
  • 2005/10/16 10:40

• Jan304

• Official Support Member

• Since: 2002/3/31

Quote:
I´m very afraid of doing that since I tried this in other websites and I totally lost them...

I think I could try first reuploading the important files, and not all, since my problem seems to be very specific, I remember you: It´s just that there´s no theme... Check it here: www.filipensesachao.com and even If I change of theme, it happens nothing

People are trying to help, if you just keep saying 'don't want to do that' nobody will be able to help you AND people will start ignoring you... Not exactly what you want!

Actually your XOOPS installation is just fine, you just messed up the theme by editing it with Frontpage. When will people learn that Frontpage is not a editor for decent websites...

The solution:
- Download XOOPS 2.0.13.1
- Upload and overwrite everything EXCEPT mainfile.php
- Check or the themes are back to there original version!
- Empty the templates_c map

You site should now be fixed.

<link href="../My%20Documents/xoops%20modules/xoops-2.0.9/html/themes/default/%3C{$xoops_url}%3E/favicon.ico" rel="SHORTCUT ICON" />
<
link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="../My%20Documents/xoops%20modules/xoops-2.0.9/html/themes/default/%3C{$xoops_url}%3E/xoops.css" />
<
link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen" href="../My%20Documents/xoops%20modules/xoops-2.0.9/html/themes/default/%3C{$xoops_themecss}%3E" />
Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but, you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.
Neo: What vase?
[Neo turns to look for a vase, and as he does, he knocks over a vase of flowers, which shatters on the floor.]
Oracle: That vase.
Neo:...

onecha
  • 2005/10/16 11:57

• onecha

• Just popping in

Quote:

People are trying to help, if you just keep saying 'don't want to do that' nobody will be able to help you AND people will start ignoring you... Not exactly what you want!

Sorry about that

Quote:

Actually your XOOPS installation is just fine, you just messed up the theme by editing it with Frontpage. When will people learn that Frontpage is not a editor for decent websites...

Yes, it can be the problem, but the thing is that it was working since June... and now if I change the theme, the site doesn´t change...

Quote:

The solution:
- Download XOOPS 2.0.13.1
- Upload and overwrite everything EXCEPT mainfile.php
- Check or the themes are back to there original version!
- Empty the templates_c map

Somebody said that before doing that I should recover my site. So which solution should I apply?

One little question about Xoops: When I work with a site, Do the files get modified or just the database?
I mean, If I replace the original files, Does it change anything?

THANKS A LOT TO EVERYONE and sorry If I disturb you
MANY SMALL people doing MANY SMALL things in MANY SMALL places, can change the world. www.maketradefair.com

Jan304
  • 2005/10/16 14:38

• Jan304

Quote:
Sorry about that

No worries mate

Quote:
Yes, it can be the problem, but the thing is that it was working since June... and now if I change the theme, the site doesn´t change...

You probably messed up your default theme (not probably, you did) but did not empty the templates_c map so it still kept working with the cache of the correct theme.

Quote:
Somebody said that before doing that I should recover my site. So which solution should I apply?

This one, just do. Just DON'T forget to NOT overwrite mainfile.php.

Quote:
One little question about Xoops: When I work with a site, Do the files get modified or just the database? I mean, If I replace the original files, Does it change anything?

Database of course, why do you think people keep saying you have to overwrite your files? So the answer is no.

The of course exceptions. If you use for example a module for displaying pictures, the pictures are of course saved locally and not in the database (imagine...).

Goodluck & don't forget to backup.
Oracle: I'd ask you to sit down, but, you're not going to anyway. And don't worry about the vase.
[Neo turns to look for a vase, and as he does, he knocks over a vase of flowers, which shatters on the floor.]

onecha
Total disaster
  • 2005/10/16 14:41

• onecha

• Just popping in

I´m writting here (the same topic) cos it´s the same problem as the one I had at the beginning of the topic

Today I´ve realised that the 3rd and the last website I had working with xoops, has the same error as the 1st one I talked you about:

Warning: main(/var/www/html/virtual/filipensesachao.com/www/profesj/html/include/common.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/virtual/filipensesachao.com/www/profesj/html/mainfile.php on line 95

Warning: main(): Failed opening '/var/www/html/virtual/filipensesachao.com/www/profesj/html/include/common.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/html/virtual/filipensesachao.com/www/profesj/html/mainfile.php on line 95

One important thing is that the 1st and this websites were created directly from the control panel of my hosting website, which supports to install xoops, so it´s a different version than the 2nd damaged website (the one with the theme problem)

I´m really desesperated since in one week I´ve lost the work of months

onecha
Re: Total disaster
  • 2005/10/16 14:55

• onecha

• Just popping in

Very probably I´m not talking about hacking, since this 3rd website was unknown for the 2 first ones users...

And talking about backuping, If I understand well, I just need to backup the database, and the uploads folder (for the pics), right??

Thanks!

Hope someone suggest something for the 1st and the 3rd lost websties. For the one with the theme folder I´ll try to fix it as you say.

Jan304
Re: Total disaster
  • 2005/10/17 18:36

• Jan304

Quote:
And talking about backuping, If I understand well, I just need to backup the database, and the uploads folder (for the pics), right??

And custom themes of you have those (at least, working ones ).

Like I told you: backup and then upload the currect version and overwrite everything except mainfile.php.

onecha
Imposible to update modules
  • 2005/11/9 12:54

• onecha

• Just popping in

I forgot to tell you that I solved the problem with my site www.filipensesachao.com (I think It was a theme problem), but I stll can fix the other 2 sites problems...

Anyway, The reason of this message is that since I fixed the problem of that site (The main one I have), overwritting all files with the 2.0.13 version ones, I enter in the adminstration area and everything works fine except the option of "updating modules", which I can´t even see it (I just can see the modules I have installed, but nothing else below them...)

Any ideas on how to recover it? I need it now since I want to install a new module and update an old one...

THANKS!!

onecha
Admin area problems
  • 2005/11/17 11:59

• onecha

• Just popping in

It seems there are no answers for my las messages,

Appart from updating modules, my main problem is that when I change something in the admin area, I can´t enter into the admin area again till I enter in phpmyadim and I change the value language into english (I use to use spanish), and I can access again, and I also can see the "updating modules" option...

I overwritted the 2.0.13 spanish core language files again several times, but still the same problem...

Login

Who's Online

244 user(s) are online (178 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 244

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits