hydrO
Re: Module for clubs
  • 2005/10/13 17:57

• hydrO

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/1/8 8

Did this module get developed? I am very keen on it. This is the kind of module I have been trying to find out for sometimes.
Download Dhivehi mp3s
[size=x-small]www.gnatoll.com[/size]

Will_H
  • 2005/10/14 2:25

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Well this sounds like somewhat of an easy idea guys. the process may not be simple but the idea is.

The groups system is almost adequate at this stage. you can place user in specific groups and members of that group can only see what they are intended to see. The flaw in the system is that if you set up someone as a group moderator and give them administrative access to the groups function they have admin over not only what their group sees, but what all the other groups see. Not to mention the ability to change the areas of the site that they are intended to see.

Solution: Hack the group feature so that the admin sets up a group and a moderator for that group. Then the admin must approve all of the area that that particualar group is able to see. Now when the moderatator logs in he can only see what he is intended to see. The concept of being able to divvy up administrative responsibility is brilliant. However being able to partition that responsibility as needed would be ideal.

Stage 2 of this would be that application to a specific group. xroster has a very nice application that could be modded out to work in this case. Not that it ever really worked, but nows as good a time as any. When a user registers for your domain they are immediattely redirected to the application. at this point they can either apply to a group or they can remain as just a registered user. If they do apply to a group then the application goes to the moderator of that group and awaits approval. Once approved the moderator can pull that member out of the registered users group and place them in their own.

Something that may cause trouble. Moderators of certain groups can only see members in their group as well as registered users. This way noone can be pulled out of a group on accident or out of spite for that matter.

Once a member has been grouped the new member list page would display them in the appropriatte group.

This doesnt seem too bizaar and i feel that it isnt very unreasonable and in my opinion it sounds like an adequate solution to the question.

hydrO
  • 2005/10/14 14:03

• hydrO

• Not too shy to talk

Thats one of way of setting up a group, but I don't think that gets me what I want. What i want is not a group with particular rights, but rather a way to form clubs or associations within the XOOPS site, where registered members themselves can set up their own friends network or something like that.. A club of their own perhaps, which may compete with another club within the members.

Quote:

1: I want to give the registered members on my site the ability to setup a club.
2: They will have the following admin rights over the club. Setting up a "Home page" for that club to inform other members about the club.
3: Aurothorising or declining members to join there club.
4: Have the ablity to send all the club members an email
5: With in the club you will have a diary system that will allow them to set dates for events for the members to attend an event and for the members to search the calander for forth comming events of interest.
Download Dhivehi mp3s

Tabasco
  • 2005/10/14 14:11

• Tabasco

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/12/26

davidtillyer,

Have you thought about making subdomains from your main domain like: (note: non-working examples for davidtillyer)

http://jimsgroup.theeclub.com/

http://marysgroup.theeclub.com/

Just a thought

hydrO
  • 2005/10/14 14:17

• hydrO

• Not too shy to talk

none of those links work, and I don't think thats what I am looking for either.

Have u had a look at Hi5? There are many other network websites available.. like sms.ac clubs etc..

Something similar to that, thought it doesn't have to have all those features.
Download Dhivehi mp3s

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 1

Guests: 161

vamptrix,

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!