Zaphod
MySql Version
  • 2005/10/5 9:47

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/17

Does XOOPS really need MySQL Database 3.23.XX or will it run on newer versions?

I'm currently trying to install XOOPS vsn 2.2.3 rc with PHP 5.05 and MySql-5.0.13-rc-win32 and IIS 5.1

During the XOOPS install; at the point where it tries to install the database, I end up with the error:

"Fatal error: MySQL extension not loaded in c:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Xoops\class\database\mysqldatabase.php on line 74"

I have set up the MySql extension and the extension path in the PHP.INI and setup the system paths to point to the PHP folders.

Any help appreciated.
Terry.

tedsmith
Re: MySql Version
  • 2005/10/5 10:01

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Try reading this FAQ

It may help or it may not?

Ted

jdseymour

XOOPS will definitely support MySQL versions 3.23x and 4.0x. I have heard XOOPS running on 4.1x but since version 5x is still in or just coming out of beta I would imagine that there may be changes with a major version change that may not be supported by XOOPS yet. I am sure a developer can answer this with more detail, but from my reading version 5 of MySQL includes a lot of changes.

Zaphod
  • 2005/10/5 10:20

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/17

Tried the FAQ but I can't get it to work, I get the error:
"ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)"

tedsmith
  • 2005/10/5 10:54

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Sounds almost certainly like a password or useraccount problem to me. Are you sure your username and password are correct?

With c:\mysql\bin\mysql MySQL you are connecting to the MySQL database server as an anonymous user, in the case of Windows the default user name is ODBC if you do not provide one.

The anonymous user in the default installation only has privileges to access the `test` database. You are trying to access the `XoopsDBName` database which cause the access denied.

If you want to access the `XoopsDBName` database, you have to use the root user.
c:\mysql\bin\mysql -u root XoopsDBName
should do the trick.
If you have set a password for the root user then you have to add the -p option
c:\mysql\bin\mysql -u root -p mysql

To find out all the available options of mysql, run c:\mysql\bin\mysql --help

The MySQL website is very good for this kind of thing too.

Ted

Grizzlydk
  • 2005/10/5 13:30

• Grizzlydk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/24

Hi Zaphod

ODBC localhost...?????? Correct me if i am wrong but ODBC isn't used by xoops. ODBC is MS applikation and if used by MySQL then called MYODBC.

I think something in your configuration is wrong.
Danish is viery iasy to spoke

Login

Who's Online

238 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 238

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits