Jackwan
The "Install" directory in Upgrade Package
  • 2005/10/4 0:27

• Jackwan

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/8 2

I am a bit behind in upgrading, I was at 2.0.7.3 and wanted to be current. So I started dl all the upgrade modules on this site. During the installation, I notice there is an "install" subdirectory in the 2.0.9.2 to 2.0.10 ugrade. After I uploade the content in the html subdirectory, what should I do to the new "install" subdirectory?

Thanks.
Commercial Real Estate Forum
http://creforum.net

Jackwan
Re: The "Install" directory in Upgrade Package
  • 2005/10/4 0:34

• Jackwan

• Not too shy to talk

Ok I ran the index file in the install directory and I got the following errors:

Warning: main(./passwd.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/twkince/public_html/install/index.php on line 30

Warning: main(): Failed opening './passwd.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/twkince/public_html/install/index.php on line 30

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/twkince/public_html/install/index.php:30) in /home/twkince/public_html/install/index.php on line 33

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/twkince/public_html/install/index.php:30) in /home/twkince/public_html/install/index.php on line 34
You can not access this XOOPS installer.

m0nty
  • 2005/10/4 1:08

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

this keeps getting asked, but u could have searched to find the answer.

your XOOPS is already installed, so there's no reason to run the installer again.

the install folder is there because edits were made to trhe installer, and some people don't like to download the whole full package again.. especially those on 56k dial up.

it is easier to get the update pack and then copy over all the files from their previous 2.0.x package, so that when they want to make a new site their install pack is then already at the last release without having to redownload the full package again..

Jackwan
  • 2005/10/4 1:14

• Jackwan

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks.

I did search for answers, but I guess I am a bit late so when I search for it, I found too many related topics and cannot decide which is applicable.

Thanks again, and sorry about repeating.

ds679
  • 2005/10/17 0:48

• ds679

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/28

I appreciate the many hours that people have put into developing XOOPS - it's a GREAT package

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
this keeps getting asked, but u could have searched to find the answer.

with the DOCs part of this site down...what else are we to do? I mean, I looked into the .tar and found install instructions - but, again, they were for FULL install....why no instructions for those just looking to patch?!?!?!?

I understand RTFM...and I've spent the last 3 hours trying to find patch install instructions - believe me - it is NOT obvious!? and a little README-if-patching-exisiting-system.txt would be very helpful (and not that much work?)

Quote:

your XOOPS is already installed, so there's no reason to run the installer again.

While that may be obvious to those 'inside' - it's not to 'normal users/admins' - as many PHP type CMS' all have different install/update - why not a simple extra .txt file?

Quote:

the install folder is there because edits were made to trhe installer, and some people don't like to download the whole full package again.. especially those on 56k dial up.

it is easier to get the update pack and then copy over all the files from their previous 2.0.x package, so that when they want to make a new site their install pack is then already at the last release without having to redownload the full package again..

ok...here's the first line or two of the README

Again - while it may sound stupid and obvious...it would be great for simple 'heres the basic instructions' .txt

Thanks! - Dave

Login

Who's Online

104 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 104

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits