laurenmilan
Let users change font size?
  • 2005/10/2 23:29

• laurenmilan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/10/2

Some of my users are asking for the ability to auto-adjust the font size on my web site. I've tried with a javascript inserted into the theme file for my default theme with no success. Any suggestions?

Peekay
Re: Let users change font size?
  • 2005/10/2 23:54

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Each theme has it's own CSS file. So you could allow users to choose a theme for which you have adjusted the CSS to make the type larger.

However, most browsers will allow type to be enlarged through a simple menu choice. This generally works whether the the font is specified in pixels or ems.

I can enlarge the type here on xoops.org to +300% using an old version of IE 5 for the Mac simply by selecting View/Text Zoom from the menu.

Doesn't get much easier than that!.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

laurenmilan
  • 2005/10/3 0:09

• laurenmilan

• Just popping in

When I go to my homepage at:http://www.sfi.org/portal/ and use my browser "View--> Text size", the font size only changes on one or two modules. I go into the css file for my default theme and notice that the font is sometimes specified in pixels, sometimes in percentages, is that the problem?

Peekay
  • 2005/10/3 0:57

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

I took a look at your 'homepage' and 'News' modules and the text on them enlarges just fine. Which modules cause a problem?.

laurenmilan
  • 2005/10/3 3:10

• laurenmilan

• Just popping in

Athttp://www.sfi.org/portal/ The left-hand SFI navigation, featured news, and all the right-hand modules are not adjusting sizewise, at least not on my IE browser,. when I choose a different font size in View-->font size.

Peekay
  • 2005/10/3 11:39

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

Checked again with Netscape 6.2 on the Mac and it all works fine (+200% in Netscape).

I'm afraid I don't have access to a PC at the moment, but if you bump this thread someone should be able to confirm the problem and hopefully be able to help. Maybe PC IE has a problem with font sizes set as percentages?

bluenova

Only the titles are changing for me, not the body text in IE 6.02, so you probably need to change your css file to pixel amounts. Create a backup first, as this could have adverse effects on the way your theme looks.

laurenmilan
  • 2005/10/5 22:43

• laurenmilan

• Just popping in

alrighto, I changed the values to pixels from percentages, and uploaded the css file. Unfortunately, it looks like the same thing... when I choose to enlarge/reduce font size, only a few modules show any change.

Login

Who's Online

175 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 175

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits