steambuff
New pages
  • 2005/9/26 19:11

• steambuff

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/26

Loaded up xoops, added in all the modules I needed but I want to put some additional simple pages into which I can place various blocks - just like the default home page and each page with its own link in the main menu. I have tried WFchannel and tiny content, and of course can add pages using these but all I get is sub-menu links. I'm coming to the conclusion that each link in the main menu refers to one instance of a module - is this correct or am I missing something simple?

Thanks.

WarDick
Re: New pages
  • 2005/9/26 19:15

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Using the stated modules and the multimenu module will give you the results you are after.

Also smartsection has added page warp capability but I have not tried out the menus.
Urging XOOPS to be the Best It Can Be.
Richard......

tdickson
Re: New pages
  • 2005/9/26 19:29

• tdickson

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/26

If you edit your system_block_mainmenu.html file you can also customize however you want.

Just open /modules/system/templates/blocks/system_block_mainmenu.html
and look for these tags...

<td id="mainmenu">

<a class="menuMain">MAIN HEADER</a>
<a class="menuSub" href="linkofchoice.htm">Link Description</a>
<a class="menuSub" href="linkofchoice2.htm">link descrip 2</a>

you can also make the menuMain a link by adding the href=""
command. Furthermore, if you want to open up in a new window be sure to add target="_blank" within the <a> tag.

When you are done save the file to your server overwriting the old one and the refresh your system modules:
go to the admin section, modules -> administration, click on the update box then click submit. You're all set. If you use cached pages you will have to clear the cache as well.

Login

Who's Online

126 user(s) are online (76 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 126

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits