zeabrid
Three small and probably moronic questions.
  • 2005/9/22 22:57

• zeabrid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/22

1) I have installed a few differant themes on my site, yet can not find out how to switch back and forth through them except going through general properties and clicking on one of them to make the default, and even then, I see no change.

2) Call me an idiot, but I can not figure out how to add content to my main page(index), so I have all of my blocks and modules but an entirely blank main page, checked everywhere, is it something I can do through the CMS or do I have to edit the actual page code?

3) Is there any way to have the news module publish on the aforementioned main page?

Sorry, long time coder but very new to CMS', any help would be appreciated.

Peekay
Re: Three small and probably moronic questions.
  • 2005/9/22 23:17

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

Hi zeabrid. Welcome to Xoops.

1) You can make multiple selections in the lists in many of the admin sections by holding down the 'control' key. That's how you select the themes you want to be available to site visitors.

Same applies to block page settings. For example, to display a block only on the homepage, select the 'edit' link next to the block and change:

Visible In:

Top Page
** All Pages **
wfsection
wiwimod
newbb
polls

to:

Visible In:

** Top Page **
All Pages
wfsection
wiwimod
newbb
polls

To select specific pages, hold down the 'control' key to select multiple items in the list, e.g.

Visible In:

Top Page
All Pages
** wfsection **
wiwimod
newbb
** polls **

2) and 3) Most folks have their homepage made up of blocks, but I believe you can have the News module on the homepage. I'm not sure how, but if you wait a while someone will let you know.

Hope this helps.
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

larrymac
  • 2005/9/23 2:50

• larrymac

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/6 1

#3. I think this is what you're looking for:

System Admin --> Preferences --> General Settings --> Module for your start page

zeabrid
  • 2005/9/23 15:09

• zeabrid

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/22

Thanks to everyone that helped, finally got it, and it's working properly now.

One last question, is it only possable to get one module to display on the main page, or multiple? Thanks again!

TottoBG
  • 2005/9/23 18:17

• TottoBG

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/8/18

Quote:

zeabrid wrote:
One last question, is it only possable to get one module to display on the main page, or multiple? Thanks again!

what you display on any page are blocks. so you can display on your main page (or any other page) as many blocks from different modules as you wish the way Peekay mentioned. just give a block to be displayed on that page, give it a position and a weights, so blocks on same position will be arranged by their weight. to make a module to be loaded on your start page is to make module's index page to be your main page which is much different.

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits