terrence
main page module
  • 2005/9/23 4:07

• terrence

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/21

Dear all,
I am beginner. How can create a section in the centre of the page?is there any module?

Example like xoops.org The main page and middle column got download section, mailing section and etc and each section got border line.how to make it.

Besides, i visit some of XOOPS web site.. for the big story, the can have the image shown in front page but for mine.. i just show the heading.

Any modules for that.

Thank you

gestroud
Re: main page module
  • 2005/9/23 5:44

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Depends on what version of XOOPS you're using.

If your'e using 2.2 and up, go into your admin section. Click on "Blocks." A submenu will appear that says, "List All Blocks." Click on it.

You'll be taken to a page that gives you options about displaying all of the blocks for each module. You may or may not see them all.

Use the drop-down menu to add your blocks to the pages you want them to display on. To create a custom block, look for System and then Custom Blocks.

If you're using XOOPS 2.0.13 or below, just go into your admin section. There should be an icon on the left column that says, "System." Click on it and choose "Blocks" from the next menu.

Housefly
Re: main page module
  • 2005/9/23 8:47

• Housefly

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/29

Quote:

terrence wrote:
Dear all,
I am beginner. How can create a section in the centre of the page?is there any module?

Example like xoops.org The main page and middle column got download section, mailing section and etc and each section got border line.how to make it.

The first response should be helpful for this. In block administration you get left, center left, center right, center and right. If you tick the particular block and assign them to center, it will display in center. All options are there.

Quote:

terrence wrote:
Besides, i visit some of XOOPS web site.. for the big story, the can have the image shown in front page but for mine.. i just show the heading.

Any modules for that.

If you are using news latest version spotlight can be made where you choose news spotlight for the big heading, news headlines with teaser (you can restrict news teasers to any amount of words), etc.

All options are open for you. I hope this help.

Login

Who's Online

202 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 202

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits