chlockett
Fatal error -- line 74 in mysqldatabase.php -- WHAT NOW?
  • 2005/9/21 8:58

• chlockett

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/10

I have installed Apache 2.0.4, PHP 5.0.5, and MySQL 4.1 -- ALL the recommended versions on my Windows XP server running on a Pentium D system.

I am TRYING to install XOOPS 2.2.2. But I contiue to get a fatal error message reading: Fatal error: MySQL extension not loaded in C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\class\database\mysqldatabase.php on line 74

I HAVE to install XOOPS for a class I am taking, but the thing just will NOT install on my computer. What gives?!?

Does anyone have a suggestion? I have tried everything anyone has suggested in the past and NOTHING seems to work.

Please help!

Mithrandir
Re: Fatal error -- line 74 in mysqldatabase.php -- WHAT NOW?

1) Don't doublepost
2) Search, please
3) Read the darn answer, I've given to the FAQ, you submitted!
https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=511
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

chlockett
  • 2005/9/21 14:47

• chlockett

• Just popping in

1. I double posted because I have been searching for over a week and I "single" posted last week, but to no avail.

2. See above.

3. I already read the -short- darn answer to the FAQ, did that, and got all the information I wanted about PHP.

Now, your answer to the FAQ didn't say so, but I am assuming the exercise was simply to determine wether PHP was installed correctly and was working with MySQL and Apache?

I actually read that test in Sams Teach Yourself PHP, MySQL, and Apache on page 57. It didn't work properly the first time. But after I installed Zend Optimizer 2.5, it ran perfectly well.

Unfortunately, XOOPS still will not install, and I still get the same error message.

So now, I'm back to thinking inside the box, because outside the darn box hasn't gotten me anywhere.

Any further suggestions?

Grizzlydk
  • 2005/9/21 15:29

• Grizzlydk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/24

Ok from the top

This only a default installation and should be regarded as such

Installation of Php/Apache2/Xoops2.2.2 on win32

Get the php zip file at php, no reason to download the installer since it doesn't work on Apache.
Download Php

Unzip the php package into a folder...i use the folder ../Apache group/php

1. Edit php.ini-recommended

Edit doc path to your paths:
Quote:
doc_root = d:\http\

Edit Ext path to your paths
Quote:
extension_dir = "c:\program files\apache group\php\ext"

Edit MySQL extension remove ;
Quote:
extension=php_mysql.dll

Save the php.ini-recommended as php.ini

In the php folder there is a file called libmysql.dll copy this file into the system32 folder

2. Loading PHP in Apache Httpd.conf file:

You have to options loading php as cgi or as module. This text shows php loaded as a module.

In Httpd.conf edit the paths and add the following:

Quote:

## Load Php ##
LoadModule php5_module "c:/Program files/Apache Group/php/php5apache2.dll"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
PHPiniDir "c:/Program files/Apache Group/php"
## End load Php ##

The php5apache2.dll is the dedicated dll to Apache2

Now boot the server and check the apache monitor for error messages. And check the apache error log...If no errors are logged or shown Php and MySQL is installed correct.

If this doesn't work for you drop me a line ..and will try to help you
Danish is viery iasy to spoke

chlockett
  • 2005/9/21 20:22

• chlockett

• Just popping in

I did ALL of the things you suggested BEFORE you suggested them -- see MIthrandir, I AM thinking a little here!!! -- except chancing the path to my paths.

I changed it to:

doc_root = x:\http\

You recommended d:\http\. however I have a D:\ drive and logical drives through j:\

As you suggested, I stopped and restarted the server with no problem.

I also copied the libmysgl.dll file into windows/ windows/server and windows/server32 directories as suggested on the PHP forum.

The installation now goes farther -- it freezes AFTER installing all the tables in my data base and after asking me to enter an administrator name, password, and e-mail address.

It doesn't try to install the modules. It just locks up.

I cannot open admin.php.

My apache error log reads:

[Wed Sep 21 13:05:27 2005] [notice] Child 5456: Acquired the start mutex.
[Wed Sep 21 13:05:27 2005] [notice] Child 5456: Starting 250 worker threads.
[Wed Sep 21 13:26:57 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/themes/js, referer:http://localhost/index.php
[Wed Sep 21 13:26:57 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/themes/js, referer:http://localhost/index.php
[Wed Sep 21 13:26:57 2005] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/themes/images, referer:http://localhost/index.php

As far as I can tell, Apache, PHP, and MySQL are working fine. The problem is either with XOOPS, or where I am installing it in the apache directory --

C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs

When I try to install by opening Firefox and entering:

HTTP://localhost

I get a message asking if I want to download or open a file.

So I have to enter:

HTTP://Localhost/index.php

When I use IE, I get a list of files and then have to double click on index.php.

This is the first time I have ever tried to set up a server on my system, so I am open to pretty much any suggestions here as long at they use PHP, MySQL, Apache2, and XOOPS.

Thanks!

chlockett
  • 2005/9/21 20:59

• chlockett

• Just popping in

When I open IE and enterHTTP://localhost/index.php, I get a partially developed XOOPS theme (date, search, home on the frame, but nothing else, and a page of error messages below:

Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: enable_badips in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\class\xoopssecurity.php line 212
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: language in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\include\common.php line 152
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: language in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\include\common.php line 172
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: use_ssl in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\include\common.php line 183
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: use_mysession in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\include\common.php line 185
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: language in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\kernel\module.php line 318
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: banners in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\include\common.php line 235
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: debug_mode in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\include\common.php line 235
Warning [PHP]: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\include\common.php line 235
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme_fromfile in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\class\template.php line 66
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: gzip_compression in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\class\theme.php line 143
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: sitename in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\class\theme.php line 401
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: slogan in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\class\theme.php line 402
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: slogan in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\class\theme.php line 420
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: closesite in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\include\common.php line 238
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme_set in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\header.php line 43
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme_set in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\class\theme.php line 249
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme_set in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\include\functions.php line 450
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: language in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\class\theme.php line 259
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: theme_set in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\include\functions.php line 450
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: language in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\kernel\module.php line 239
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: language in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\modules\system\xoops_version.php line 215
Warning [PHP]: main(C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/language//notification.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\modules\system\xoops_version.php line 215
Warning [PHP]: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/htdocs/language//notification.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\modules\system\xoops_version.php line 215
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _NOT_NOTIFYMETHOD - assumed '_NOT_NOTIFYMETHOD' in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\modules\system\xoops_version.php line 223
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _NOT_NOTIFYMETHOD_DESC - assumed '_NOT_NOTIFYMETHOD_DESC' in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\modules\system\xoops_version.php line 225
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _NOT_METHOD_DISABLE - assumed '_NOT_METHOD_DISABLE' in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\modules\system\xoops_version.php line 228
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _NOT_METHOD_PM - assumed '_NOT_METHOD_PM' in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\modules\system\xoops_version.php line 228
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _NOT_METHOD_EMAIL - assumed '_NOT_METHOD_EMAIL' in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\modules\system\xoops_version.php line 228
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _NOT_NOTIFYMODE - assumed '_NOT_NOTIFYMODE' in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\modules\system\xoops_version.php line 236
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _NOT_MODE_SENDALWAYS - assumed '_NOT_MODE_SENDALWAYS' in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\modules\system\xoops_version.php line 241
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _NOT_MODE_SENDONCE - assumed '_NOT_MODE_SENDONCE' in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\modules\system\xoops_version.php line 241
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _NOT_MODE_SENDONCEPERLOGIN - assumed '_NOT_MODE_SENDONCEPERLOGIN' in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\modules\system\xoops_version.php line 241
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: adminmail in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\modules\system\xoops_version.php line 400
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: language in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\modules\system\xoops_version.php line 408
Notice [PHP]: Undefined index: debug_mode in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\footer.php line 53
Warning [PHP]: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in file C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache2\htdocs\footer.php line 53

chlockett
  • 2005/9/23 16:28

• chlockett

• Just popping in

I just solved my problem. I found a great support page athttp://www.php-mysql-tutorial.com/install-apache-php-mysql.php
that talked me through the entire installation process for Apache, php, and mysql.

It turns out, after I did everything right in the installation of php and MySQL as instructed above, it still wouldn;t install. But I learned that what I was still doing wrong was not tweaking the apache installation.

I had to tell apache how to recognize php files and I had to extend the time-out limit on apache WAY beyond the default 30 seconds because it takes MUCH longer to install the data bases.

Once I made those changes, whiz bang, everything installed perfectly!

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (163 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits