Dead
Default theme - Drop Down Menu Z-index Prob [IE]
  • 2005/9/18 12:52

• Dead

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/2/11

hi.

in XOOPS 2.2 using the default admin theme, I get this problem with Internet Explorer, where the drop down menu is shown behind form elements. It seems to work fine in Firefox.

Has anyone been able to solve this? Or got any tips?

Internet Explorer:
Resized Image

Firefox:
Resized Image

Dead
Re: Default theme - Drop Down Menu Z-index Prob [IE]
  • 2005/9/18 18:07

• Dead

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/2/11

am i the only person having this problem?

charkra
Re: Default theme - Drop Down Menu Z-index Prob [IE]
  • 2005/9/21 14:12

• charkra

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/14

I have had this problem - not only with XOOPS but in general the usage or a menu system with overlaying a dropdown box list. I have seen it on many web sites where there is a dropdown menu and just below could be a listbox item. I have not yet found a fix for the problem - I have tried all methods of static, relative, using <div> and still have had no success. I think that it is probably deeper than the application layer and more of a lower level functionality. If you do find a fix - please post here as I am keen to be able to resolve the issue too.

toddcortez
This is a known problem with IE
  • 2005/9/21 14:27

• toddcortez

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/11

Under IE, form Select fields refuse to relinquish the top spot in the z-order. Unfortunately the only solution is a rather dirty JavaScript hack, in which you write a script that hides the offending select field while the menu is visible. I choose to modify the layout of the forms instead, so that the menu wouldn't popup over select fields.

T

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits