binarywhispr
ZoneAlarm blocking images and some formatting

could some of you that are running ZoneAlarm have a look at www.quinteonline.com.

I am experiencing a problem where ZA is blocking images and distorting some of the formatting.

The odd thing is that it just started happening a week after I installed ZA. I have made the site a trusted site and unchecked "remove private header information".

When I first unchecked "remove private header information" the images appeared but then it was like ZA reconfiged itself and they vanished again.

I had a surfer comment that he saw no images while bck and thought that it was just something on his machine till this occurred.

There is a large banner across the top of the page as well as a headshot of me on the front page. THe formatting that is being affected is the mini calendar 1/2 way down the left column.

Thanks, i appreciate any feedback

Bassman
Re: ZoneAlarm blocking images and some formatting
  • 2005/9/20 5:54

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

Well, I don't have ZoneAlarm on this comp, and i'm sdeeing no images on your site at all. Other XOOPS sites are no problem.

plusangel
  • 2005/9/20 6:18

• plusangel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/2 1

I’m using zone alarm –not the pro edition- (for a couple of weeks) and I haven’t noticed any problems…

Indeed, I can’t see any images at all in your XOOPS site

By the way…using firefox1.0.6, your event calendar goes further from the area of the left column
The official greek support site for xoops

binarywhispr

well now thats just bizarre. The only time the calendar is distorted or the graphics not visible for me is when ZA is running. Some of the other formatting goes weird as well.

I am using Firefox 1.0.6 and the site has been tested in previous vers of Firefox as well as Explorer. I've also loaded the site in numerous other machines and it always works fine.

I edit the original code in Dreamweaver but it is config'd to not reformat or otherwise alter the code during saves, etc.

I am completely baffled.
Any feedback would be great In the mean time I'll play with it.

binarywhispr

well I've spent a bit of time researching ands this seems to be an unknown issue.

Not sure how that can be as I have done nothng odd, to my knowledge, on my site.

binarywhispr

so I see the thread died. I have yet to find a cause for this. Bassman says that he is not running zonealarm and he doesnt see any images on the site either.

It's hard for me to troubleshoot as I see all of the images all of the time on all of the machines I use. I'm a real estate agent and I have access to a number of computers at a number of locations.

How the heck can that be.

if you are curious its www.quinteonline.com

McDonald
  • 2005/12/8 22:26

• McDonald

• Home away from home

• Since: 2005/8/15

I'm running ZoneAlarm Pro and when I visit your site I don't see any images on the frontpage.
When I select the calendar from the top menu I get the calendar in the center block. Looks fine to me.
But ... I also can see the pictures suddenly.
Even when I go back to the frontpage (I see a guy with a moustache, the logo, smiles etc.).

Login

Who's Online

234 user(s) are online (139 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 234

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits