luftikus143
Re: Moved xoops... lost admin rights

I just tried to send a new password to my email. When clicking on the link in the email which directs one to the site to receive the new one, it says:
mail_password: could not update user entry. Contact the Administrator
So somehow this whole admin thing doesn't work anymore, I'd say.

I mean: how do you move xoops-sites? Just producing a dump from your mysql-files and re-importing into the MySQL database on the new machine? And then copying all files in the XOOPS directory? And then just changing the URL/path parameters in mainfile.php? Correct?

davidthomas1

Yes, that's the way to move a XOOPS site.

I think the key may be updating the system module, as suggested.

When I moved my site, that was a necessary step to get everything working (but I could access the admin area)

Is there a another way to update the system module (other than the XOOPS admin zone)? perhaps you could _temporarily_ hack the admin.php file and remove / comment out the user permission check while updating...

sounds like you're having a tough time with it,

good luck!

D
みんなちがってみんないい。

XOOPS 2.0.13.2

luftikus143

Is it reallz possible that I am the only one with that problem?I can't believe it.

I just re-tried to export/import XOOPS database and all files. But, same result. And no way to get into the sys-module.

Thanks for all the hints and tipps. But unfortunately it didn't work.

dirtyh
  • 2005/9/30 22:04

• dirtyh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/7/20

I found the next solution,

I started a new XOOPS site with the same admin name. The password i gave this admin, i copied from the xoops-user table to the admin account in the "old" xoops-user table.

This worked fine for me!!

Login

Who's Online

188 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 188

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits