kaotik
extended profiles, new ones created by module
  • 2005/9/18 12:41

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

Is it possible in 2.2.3 to have a module create new fields in extended profiles on install?

Thanks
www.kaotik.biz

Mithrandir
Re: extended profiles, new ones created by module

Yes
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

dheltzel
  • 2005/9/18 16:31

• dheltzel

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/1/8 1

Mith is right, but not very detailed in his response

If you search in the xoops_version.php file in the profiles module for the words "User Profile" you'll be able to read an example of how Mith did it in the profiles module. You can get some good pieces of example code from there to put into your module and hack as needed.

Hope that helps!

Dennis
The software industry is the only industry where selling goods known to be defective is perfectly legal, and then you can charge extra for fixing the defects.

Mithrandir

Or follow the link in my previous reply to the Dev Wiki page explaining the $modversion array values that can be used in xoops_version.php

At the bottom are the ones for the dynamic user profiles
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

kaotik
  • 2005/9/18 22:22

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

This is a hugh benefit for improving modules. I'm thinking of implementing it in one of mine. The only problem is that it's not backwords compatible. I'll have to create a routine to check which version of XOOPS is being used then adjust acordingly: if 2.2.x create and use extended profiles, if 2.0.x create new DB table and use that instead.
Has anyone else run into this? If so can I look at your code?

Thanks
www.kaotik.biz

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits