TCMTCM
Some very big problems
  • 2005/9/17 10:56

• TCMTCM

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/4 1

I own and run Nintendo Revolution Gaming on an XOOPS 2.0.x CMS. However, occasionally on the site, links fail and all I get is blank pages.

I need to find a way to fix this, as although my userbase is increasing all the time this is hindering my site's growth.

Also, I'm thinking of moving server and domain name, while keeping all the articles and user profiles but starting things like the games database from scratch. How hard is it to move server and domain on an XOOPS website?

Also, while I'm at it, I'd like to point any good coders towards my theme conversion topic, in which I'm willing to pay here.

-TCMTCM

WarDick
Re: Some very big problems
  • 2005/9/17 13:14

• WarDick

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/9/13

Quote:
occasionally on the site, links fail and all I get is blank pages.

Since the scripts are not changing it is like to be a server problem that is causing the blank screens. Things I have found that cause this with my host are full /tmp disks and server load.

Quote:
I'm thinking of moving server and domain name, while keeping all the articles and user profiles but starting things like the games database from scratch. How hard is it to move server and domain on an XOOPS website?

No problem just do a database backup and getter done.
Urging XOOPS to be the Best It Can Be.
Richard......

Login

Who's Online

223 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 223

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits