frankblack
How to pimp xoopsConfig easily?
  • 2005/9/14 18:23

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/6/13

I wonder if there are any other possibilities extending the system preferences in 2.0.13.1?

I added an extra field to the config-table. I made an extra-field for preventing bots getting a SESSION-ID when a shop is installed. I set up an array with all known bots and added an query to common.php before a session would be started.

Maybe I am thinking too complicated?

Mithrandir
Re: How to pimp xoopsConfig easily?

If the field is added to the config table and placed in the general settings category of the system, you should have it in $xoopsConfig by default without the need for an additional query in common.php.

Am I misunderstanding your problem?
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

frankblack
  • 2005/9/14 18:37

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

Quote:
Am I misunderstanding your problem?

Noooooo, damn my English!

With query I meant that I compare the HTTP_USER_AGENTs with the value of the field. To make it complete this is what I changed in common.php:

session_name("s");
$spiders $xoopsConfig['nobotsession'];
$from_spider=FALSE
foreach(
$spiders as $val
{
if (
eregi($val$_SERVER["HTTP_USER_AGENT"])) 

$from_spider=TRUE
break; 

// Session 
if(!$from_spidersession_start();

Mithrandir

can't see how that routine could be simpler when it comes to the xoopsConfig array.

I can't comment on the actual implementation of the eregi etc. since that is a very weak point in my knowledge, but from a XOOPS pov, I can't see any obvious flaws.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

frankblack
  • 2005/9/14 18:47

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

Misunderstanding No. 2! LOL

Quote:
can't see how that routine could be simpler when it comes to the xoopsConfig array.

I don't see flaws in the code either (but what I do know). I only meant that changing the database-table is a dirty way to achieve what I want.

So I was hoping for a more elegant way of hacking. I was puzzled that the system-configs are not part of their xoops_version.php.

Mithrandir

One of the things I changed in XOOPS 2.2

Cusix Software

frankblack
  • 2005/9/14 18:54

• frankblack

• Just can't stay away

Quote:
One of the things I changed in XOOPS 2.2

Excellent! One more reason to upgrade in the near future!!

Maybe interesting for others, is the Poodle Predictor

What it is doing:
Quote:
Enter your URL above to see what your site will look like in search-engine results, for instance www.evolt.org
See how search-engine friendly your site is, can the spider crawl it easily? Will it get good rankings?

Login

Who's Online

144 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 144

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits