gestroud
Cinematograper/Screenwriter's Site
  • 2005/9/13 3:43

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Just finished (for the millionth time) putting some finishing touches on Cinema-Board.com. Everything seems to work right, but the site doesn't quite "work" for me, if you know what I mean.

The site is designed to be an article repository and resource for cinematographers, screenwriters and anyone in the film industry.

I've included every relevant module I could think of that

1. Is functional
2. works under XOOP 2.2.x

these include the debaser module (for film downloads) and the Profiles module so that members can add a bio with pictures. With a little tweaking, the Filmmakers module would be excellent, but only admin can submit right now. The myReviews module would be great, too, but it doesn't give notification when a new review is submitted. That's kind of important. If any one could tell me how to fix that, I'd be forever indebted.

Right now, the site just seem to be missing something, or things. I'd appreciate any suggestions; the site has a lot of potential, but it's kind of blah at this point.

Thanks

gestroud

otr222
Re: Cinematograper/Screenwriter's Site
  • 2005/9/13 4:25

• otr222

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/13

Have you looked at it in FireFox? The blocks are all messed up. From about the Message Board down they (the blocks)are showing down below the left menu at full screen width. I'll post a screen shot if you want.Here you go.Resized Image

gestroud
Re: Cinematograper/Screenwriters Site
  • 2005/9/13 5:55

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Wow. Thanks for pointing that out. I've looked at it in IE and Opera and it looks ok. It looked fine in Firefox before this week. Wonder what the heck happened I haven't made any changes to the theme in a while - only the content. Now I'll be up all nite trying to figure this one out. I sure picked a bad year to stop taking amphetamines.

otr222
  • 2005/9/13 23:42

• otr222

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/13

Any luck? If not, start taking amphetamines again.

billyvision

hmmmm , i first opened the site in firefox and the blocks were all over the place. with IE they appear fine.

Comments:
i personally like websites within 800 * 600 screen resolution.
About the colors. Orange and grey with red hover? doesnt really click. is it a custom made theme? why not use anyof the well known themes or try different themes to see how your website look. i recommendhttp://astonthemes.com/modules/news/ or that of 7dana. concentrate on colors. make it look homogenous instead of giving different contrastic shades.

other than your website loooks like having good content and content is the king for traffic.
best of luck for your project.

dr. bilal

billyvision

have you changed the layout? and colors ! it looks nice now!

kaotik
  • 2005/9/23 18:07

• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

Lots and lots of information, well done
www.kaotik.biz

gestroud
  • 2005/9/23 18:46

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Thanks for the tips & input, everyone.

I'd originlly started the site with the Montisorange theme, which seemed to work well in the beginning; for some odd reason, it stopped displaying correctly. Haven't figured that out.

Switched to the RM Forum theme by Red Mexico. Appears to be a good choice.

gestroud
  • 2005/10/2 22:02

• gestroud

• Home away from home

The FINAL version is up. Hooray! Resized Image

Suggestions are definitely welcome. Check it out here.

billyvision

7/10 :) very well done !

Login

Who's Online

140 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 140

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits