plusangel
my 2.2.2xoops site can not send email
  • 2005/9/13 11:42

• plusangel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/2 1

Before two weeks or so, I’ve updated my XOOPS site from 2.0.13.1 to 2.2.2. The transition was smooth and all the existing modules working nice.

Today, I tried to broadcast an email to my site’s registered users but it didn’t work.

Then, I tried to register a new test user and again the activation email never sent to the destination account…instead of that I got the following message:

“You are now registered. However, we were unable to send the activation mail to your email account due to an internal error that had occurred on our server. We are sorry for the inconvenience, please send the webmaster an email notifying him/her of the situation.”

By the way when I activated the PHP-debug the following message is displayed above all pages:

“Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _NOT_NOTITYMETHOD_DESC –assumed ‘_NOT_NOTIFYMETHOD_DESC’ in file modules/system/xoops_version.php line 225”

Needless to say that in 2.0.13.1 all these features were ok.

Is something I miss in the update procedure? Or should I set something new (like th blocks’ visibility)?or?

Thanks in advance for your valuable help!
The official greek support site for xoops

plusangel
email activation to new users fails (not send)
  • 2005/9/14 6:24

• plusangel

• Just popping in

After some time of changing and testing a couple of parameters in administration menu…like
-changing between PHP mail() - sendmail and vice-versa
-change the admin email from the default ISP domain email (admin@mydomain.net) to my personal one from mySQL tables.

I figured out that the broadcast feature works – send email to the registered users (ok!)
But,

Whenever I’m trying to register a new user although as admin I received a notification email that inform for the new arrival…the activation email to new user never send and instead of that the same massage is shown:

“You are now registered. However, we were unable to send the activation mail to your email account due to an internal error that had occurred on our server. We are sorry for the inconvenience, please send the webmaster an email notifying him/her of the situation.”

When I’m checking from admin panel the new user is inactive.
Plus…when I’choosing the automatic registration (without the activation email) is ok.

Any idea?
Do you known what kind of error indicates the above message?
Is any additional seting that I have to adjust in extended profiles module?

pabriz
Re: email activation to new users fails (not send)
  • 2005/9/20 0:58

• pabriz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/11

Same problem here... did you made it work?

mramsey
  • 2005/9/20 4:59

• mramsey

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/3/8 3

I have the same problem.

When I change the admin email from the default ISP domain email (admin@mydomain.com) to my personal email address or any other email address other than my web address from XOOPS admin preferences it works, it is sending emails to the registered users (ok!)

I think there is something wrong with xoops.

plusangel
  • 2005/9/20 6:37

• plusangel

• Just popping in

Regarding my situation…

I’m using as default language the Greek…since we haven’t ready the complete greek translation for XOOPS 2.2.2 (the greek support site is on the run with our new site!) I followed a hybrid solution using the old translation for 2.0.x and many-many enflish terms.

By doing that…and because no extended profile module was present in past the xoopsmailer in register.php couldn’t find any Greek template in order to send the emails so…I had the above error message displayed, all, in my face.

As a solution I made a Greek folder (for the extended profiles modules) and the xoopsmailer and my register process– activation emails working fine.

_2ins
Re: my 2.2.2xoops site can not send email
  • 2008/3/24 12:57

• _2ins

• Just popping in

• Since: 2008/3/24

I can't send activatmailion mail for new users too.

same message:
"....
unable to send the activation mail to your email account due to an internal error that had occurred on our server.
"

becouse of I don't have SMTP mail server activated?

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (101 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits