broadcircle
Roguevalleychristian.org

Roguevalleychristian.org is a Christian community site. The purpose is to allow local Christians living in the Rogue Valley (Southern Oregon, USA) to encourage and support one another. Hopefully, every kind of Christian (any denomination) will feel welcome and participate.

Xoops has been very easy to understand and work with. Thanks to all those have developed and continue to develop Xoops. Hopefully, in the near future I will be able to give back something ($).

Phil Keller
Roguevalleychristian.org
"That's about it"

broadcircle
Re: Roguevalleychristian.org

Is there anyway I could get some feedback on my site? It would be very helpful since this is my first try. Thanks in advance.

Phil K.
Roguevalleychristian.org
"That's about it"

dotmil
  • 2005/9/13 2:00

• dotmil

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/9/6 2

very nice! It has a nice clean look and is very easy to read and navigate. Overall, well done.
DebCentral
Debian and derivative distros community and news!
DebianHomepage.org All your Debian news in one place!

skenow
  • 2005/9/13 2:17

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

I like the layout - clean and uncluttered. The Welcome block looks promising, but I expected more detail when I clicked on the links, not to be directed to the submission forms, some of which unregistered users don't have access to.

How/why did you enclose your web links in a frame? The result in my browsers was another window, and the 'back to roguevalleychristian.org' left me with 2 windows of the same web site, but different pages.

Graphics and photos have been well placed and distributed throughout the site, but don't overwhelm it and slow it down.

Stay focused on your purpose and continue in a great form of ministry! There are some great resources out there.

Have you submitted your site to YAXS news? You tend to get more comments there

gestroud
  • 2005/9/13 3:23

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

It's got a nice minimalist touch, but the greys kind of clash with the great banner you created. Maybe some nice muted browns or tans would blend in better.

broadcircle

Quote:

dotmil wrote:
very nice! It has a nice clean look and is very easy to read and navigate. Overall, well done.

Thanks for your response.

Phil K.
"That's about it"

broadcircle

Quote:

skenow wrote:
I like the layout - clean and uncluttered. The Welcome block looks promising, but I expected more detail when I clicked on the links, not to be directed to the submission forms, some of which unregistered users don't have access to.

How/why did you enclose your web links in a frame? The result in my browsers was another window, and the 'back to roguevalleychristian.org' left me with 2 windows of the same web site, but different pages.

Graphics and photos have been well placed and distributed throughout the site, but don't overwhelm it and slow it down.

Stay focused on your purpose and continue in a great form of ministry! There are some great resources out there.

Have you submitted your site to YAXS news? You tend to get more comments there

Yea, I keep going back and forth with the Welcome block. It was originally up there with no links but I thought maybe some links in the box itself would help those new to the site. I should change the links to open within the same window. Your right the weblinks work better when not in a frame. I changed it. Thanks for your advice.

Phil K.
"That's about it"

broadcircle

Quote:

gestroud wrote:
It's got a nice minimalist touch, but the greys kind of clash with the great banner you created. Maybe some nice muted browns or tans would blend in better.

I'm not real experienced working with css but I do agree that if the greys were changed to match some colors in the banner it would nicer. I'm still experimenting. Thanks for the advie.

Phil K.
"That's about it"

gestroud
  • 2005/9/13 6:13

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

What would happen if you changed the color on your Left, Right, Center, Center Left & Center Right column div block titles to #EFBE58 ? And the color of the menu bar to #9F8646 ?

Just remember to write down the original values in case the edit doesn't suit you. This way you can just return it to its former look.

Login

Who's Online

242 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 242

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits