Deacon272
Flash Intro
  • 2005/9/12 2:17

• Deacon272

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/6 2

Is there a way to play a Flash intro prior to having someone enter the XOOPS portion of the site? Once in, the Flash should no longer be accessible until that person log's in again.

TIA,

Deacon

xafadb
Re: Flash Intro
  • 2005/9/12 2:43

• xafadb

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/8 4

Hey Deacon,
you can put a flash intro for your site if you make it part of your index file. I did this for my wedding site
From what i understand you can also use solo's last 2 modules fora simular purpose

hope this helps
Low cost hosting, web services,and domain names www.myjaun.com free xoops, and other CMS install available

Free web cash!
http://www.greenzap.com/join-greenzap.asp?zapid=gomextango

Deacon272
  • 2005/9/12 2:56

• Deacon272

• Just popping in

Thanks. This is the type of thing I'd like to do, but in your suggestion won't the Flash play each time a user selects "Home"? Maybe I don't understand the inner nav on this.

If, once a user is signed in, he navigates around and returns Home and index.php is never accessed, then it would work.

I've got to believe that this has been done many, many times and isn't hard to do at all with the proper linking.

Deacon

xafadb
  • 2005/9/12 3:25

• xafadb

• Just popping in

nope the page is set to the index file, so its the first thing the user goesto. The only way the flash gets played again is if you retype the url.
If you look at my site you will see that, even with the login screen. you will not return to the flash as you click about
Low cost hosting, web services,and domain names www.myjaun.com free xoops, and other CMS install available

Free web cash!

Deacon272
  • 2005/9/12 3:42

• Deacon272

• Just popping in

I see what you mean, but my Flash is free-standing. It's a separate file with link to swf.

I'd want it to open, link to the XOOPS index.php, and then never be seen again.

I've seen it done by running XOOPS in a sub-directory, but that's a little less elegant.

Deacon

xafadb
  • 2005/9/12 3:58

• xafadb

• Just popping in

right thats why i said to make a part of the index file, onve the user clicks out they dont come back, unless they reload the url

best of luck, this was something i struggled with last year and could not find much assistance with as iam not a programer

Free web cash!

menochi
  • 2005/9/12 5:46

• menochi

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/28

I think xafadb has his flash-intro in an index.html file of the xoops-root with a link to index.php
in valid code we trust

Deacon272
  • 2005/9/12 11:48

• Deacon272

• Just popping in

Yup, that's just the point. The way I've tested it, index.php seems to always take precedence. I figured that index.html would start first, then I could link index.php at the end of the flash. Doesn't seem to work just that way. It IS the way I'd like it to work, though!!

Deacon

marook
  • 2005/9/12 20:47

• marook

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/9 1

Quote:

Deacon272 wrote:
Yup, that's just the point. The way I've tested it, index.php seems to always take precedence. I figured that index.html would start first, then I could link index.php at the end of the flash. Doesn't seem to work just that way. It IS the way I'd like it to work, though!!

Deacon

What platform are you on?
If it's Apache, simply move the precedence of the two files from:

<IfModule mod_dir.c>

DirectoryIndex index.php index.html
</IfModule>

to:

<IfModule mod_dir.c>

DirectoryIndex index.html index.php
</IfModule>

in /etc/httpd/httpd.conf

Hope it helps..
Marook,

Want to go on a Safari with me?
(Yes, it is me in that avatar.. )

Deacon272
  • 2005/9/12 23:39

• Deacon272

• Just popping in

Boy, that one's got me stumped. How would I know? I believe my host ISP is using Apache for PHP/MySQL, but I haven't a clue how or where to change the code snippet you mentioned above. Can you be more specific for this "less than techie" oriented guy?

TIA,

Deacon

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (102 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits