gediminasbyt
Multiple Google ads on one page

I've searched through most articles on XOOPS since last year if there was a word 'google', but haven't found an explanation.

According to Google:
Quote:
Can I display more than one set of Google ads on a web page?

Currently, AdSense publishers may place up to three ad units on one web page. Our system will detect the multiple ad units and will display unique ads to each ad unit. This system is optimized for pages with highly targeted Google ads - some pages may not show ads in the second or third ad unit. In this case, the ad unit will show as a transparent box, or will contain any alternate ad or color specified in the ad code.

If I enable site ads and paste google code then ads are displayed correctly. If I make a custom block and add other type/shape google ad in it it will not get displayed, only main site ads. If I disable site ads block ads are showing up fine.

I even tried to make two different shape custom blocks in different places, but only one or the other would be displayed. Even after 20 (as someone mentioned) minutes they would not change or show up.

They do mention 'highly targeted Google ads' what is this?

Anybody has these problems or found a way to go around them? I even tried adding keywords, search words, still nothing changes. I do understand that it's not likely this is XOOPS problem, but maybe some specific easier solution for XOOPS is available, help is appreciated. (I know, one of them is not to use Google ad(non)sence at all :) )

Xoops in Lithuanian

gestroud
Re: Multiple Google ads on one page
  • 2005/9/7 0:03

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Try searching for Google adsense, not adsence. I know that there are a few posts about it.

I use multiple Google ads on the top page of this site and haven't experienced a problem. Two of them are Google script, one is part of XOOPS' banner management.

Have you submitted your site to Google to crawl yet
http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl

and added your keywords to the comments section on the page?

You'll notice a change in your ads after you do. It usually takes a few days, but I have a feeling that when the spiders notice that you have Google banners on your site, they'll take notice quicker.

gediminasbyt

Thanks for a reply. Yes, I have submitted my site to Google and I did search for Google and Google adsense. No luck on my problems.

What did you mean by:

Quote:
keywords to the comments section on the page?

Did you mean adding meta description for a website? Not sure what do you mean for a page. Some articles do have some keywords, but not for a page. Am my missing something somewhere?

Gediminas

gestroud
  • 2005/9/7 2:23

• gestroud

• Home away from home

I forget where I came across this, but according to Google, when most people fill in the comments section during site submission, the submitter usually provides a brief description of the site. "xyz.com provides blah, blah, blah."

They say that it's better to submit keywords for your site rather than a description.

All I know is that I recently re-submitted my sites using keywords instead of comments or a description and I'm getting better ads.

Hope it helps.

gediminasbyt

Keywords do make sense. I'll try to replace descriptions with keywords and see what's it gonna do...

Thanks for suggestions. I'll make notes here in this forum if any luck or answers.

Gediminas

gediminasbyt

I'm giving up. I've waited several days, updated keywords, added a gazillion of them just to start triggering on any of them and they do, but only for one. The other one is still empty and no ads are shown.

I'm ready to call it quits with Google. Now it takes up an empty space as if it had ads, but it does not show any ads.

Lithuanian XOOPS site

billyvision

i m using google ads on my test website: Ayubians XOOPS Med College Website

and they are showing up good, look around my website and you will see the ads are preety much related to what the website is about . I use IFRAME mostly for the ads and then add those IFRAMEs in the block ... working good for me

to gestroud: whats the code for " comment " and where do i need to insert that ? in theme.html ??

regards,
dr bilal

gestroud
  • 2005/9/9 21:36

• gestroud

• Home away from home

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having,

@billyvision: If you go to Google's site submit:
http://www.google.com/addurl/?continue=/addurl you'll see the comments section I was describing.

billyvision

thnx bro any suggestions on which site map software to use?

gestroud
  • 2005/9/11 6:33

• gestroud

• Home away from home

No, none of them have worked for me, though I know that there are suppposed to be a couple of hacks out there to get it working with Google. Don't know if they work, though. Kinda getting tired of hacking code to get modules, etc. to work properly. My new philosophy is: Either they work, or I dump them.

Login

Who's Online

181 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 181

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits