• kaotik

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/2/19

Quote:

jaquita wrote:
Or if they were a kid rock band they could be called "The XoobieDoos"
jaquita

LOLOLOL

"And now, Live from Las Vegas: It's the XoobieDoos with the Extraordinary Herko on the marracas, the Amazing Mith on the harmonica and the Magificant Skalpa on the bagpipes!"
www.kaotik.biz

Lance_
Re: odd not to see Mithrandir
  • 2005/9/9 17:12

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

By human nature, the negative comments always outnumber the good ones by about 10 to 3.

So for 10 unsastisfied people that vocalize it, there are 7 satisfied that don't say a word.

So the negative comments always have a bigger effect than they actually should have when proportions are taken nto account.

Good work to all core devs. I know I'm the happiest guy with Xoops.

Peace all.
GDL-Web.com :: Website development.
Xoopslance.com::Freelancing and Projects
thelionsden-arena.net:: Clan/League/Ladder Hosting

otr222
  • 2005/9/9 17:18

• otr222

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/5/13

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
Editted my comment as it was a bit too silly!

I'm sure it would of fit right in.

jaquita
  • 2005/9/9 17:22

• jaquita

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/4 1

Quote:

libervis said:
Seriously though, I believe Mith and others deserve more respect then they are sometimes getting in comments from some people. I mean, there's a good deal of people that say good thing, but there's as much of others who aren't exactly giving constructive criticism, but just plain rude criticism. I just hope such behaviour doesn't turn developers motivation down.

On a bright note, there's alot of people who, despite all the problems we run into, all the quite madness outbursts caused by sites which all of a sudden don't work, keep their respect at the level. Also, people like Mith obviously love what they do, why would they do that for such a long time and so intensively otherwise.

And take so much abuse in the process to boot!

Actually, I went back and read most of the old threads and gripes and complaints from over the past year or so and I'll have to admit it was the way the XOOPS community ultimately responded to adversity that finally made up my mind to use XOOPS instead of something else.

Some of these folks have walked through fire and have come out it stronger, better and more determined than before. The XOOPS development community now has clearly defined goals, very capable leadership, an enthusiastic support team and seem to be getting very active again after taking a much needed break.

Six months ago I looked at Xoops, liked what I saw but walked away from it because it was in a state of turmoil. Who wants to use a piece of software whose future appears threatened? From the standpoint of a casual observer the message was not reassuring.

I looked at XOOPS again two weeks ago, reviewed the events that have taken place since the first of the year, assessed it's current state and made my decision. The project might be wounded and scarred from battle, but you know what? These guys are not only still standing, they're still moving forward.

I find that very reassuring.

jaquita

gestroud
  • 2005/9/9 17:29

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Didn't the R & B group, The GAP Band, have a song called "XOOPS Upside The Head?"

Or how about my favorite cartoon character, XOOPerman.

(sorry, just bein' silly) Resized Image

jaquita
  • 2005/9/9 17:54

• jaquita

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/9/4 1

Quote:

gestroud wrote:

Or how about my favorite cartoon character, XOOPerman.

Resized Image

rotflmao If we can have a XOOPerman can we also have a XOOPERuser for us Linux users?

jaquita

Peekay
  • 2005/9/9 18:44

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

To celebrate 2.2, perhaps the core team should release a cover of the Britney Spears classic -

"Xoops... I did it again"
A thread is for life. Not just for Christmas.

Login

Who's Online

267 user(s) are online (179 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 267

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits