Jyotirmaya
Fatal error in forums - Cbb2.2/Xoops2.2

I have just upgraded from XOOPS 2.0.13 to 2.2 and have also upgraded from Newbb (last release) to CBB 2.2

Whenever I try to access a forum I get the following error message:
Quote:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getVar() on a non-object in /opt/lampp/htdocs/teamshare/modules/newbb/include/functions.php on line 685
Notice [PHP]: Undefined offset: 4 in file modules/newbb/include/functions.php line 685

I am running apache and PHP5

I uninstalled CBB and then reinstalled it again with no data and it seemed to work fine. But as soon as I put my old data files into MySQL - bingo, same problem.

Line 685 says:
Quote:
<option value='-1'>".$categories[$key]->getVar('cat_title')."</option>";

Is this something with the category titles? I re-editted all the cat titles, the database seemed to take any mods I made, but the problum is still recurring.
"You are never alone or helpless, the force that guides the stars guides you too"

fredski
Re: Fatal error in forums - Cbb2.2/Xoops2.2
  • 2005/9/8 11:52

• fredski

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/26

White page of death when I view the topics:
I recieve the following phpdebug errors
Fatal errorCall to undefined function: make_jumpbox() in /home/httpd/vhosts/borderrosetattoo.co.uk/httpdocs/modules/newbb/viewforum.php on line 224
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_NEWBB_BNAME1 assumed '_MI_NEWBB_BNAME1' in file modules/newbb/xoops_version.php line 146
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_NEWBB_BNAME2 assumed '_MI_NEWBB_BNAME2' in file modules/newbb/xoops_version.php line 154
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_NEWBB_BNAME3 assumed '_MI_NEWBB_BNAME3' in file modules/newbb/xoops_version.php line 162
Notice 
[PHP]: Undefined variablenewbb_module_header in file modules/newbb/viewforum.php line 85

And the following phpdebug when I view the forum categories, although i can see the categories and don't get a white screen for this:
Notice [PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_NEWBB_BNAME1 assumed '_MI_NEWBB_BNAME1' in file modules/newbb/xoops_version.php line 146
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_NEWBB_BNAME2 assumed '_MI_NEWBB_BNAME2' in file modules/newbb/xoops_version.php line 154
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_NEWBB_BNAME3 assumed '_MI_NEWBB_BNAME3' in file modules/newbb/xoops_version.php line 162
Notice 
[PHP]: Use of undefined constant _MI_NEWBB_BNAME1 assumed '_MI_NEWBB_BNAME1' in file modules/newbb/xoops_version.php line 146
Notice 
Notice 

Any help with this?

Jyotirmaya
  • 2005/9/8 12:02

• Jyotirmaya

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/10

Fred,
did you update the newbb module in the module admin?
"You are never alone or helpless, the force that guides the stars guides you too"

fredski
  • 2005/9/8 12:24

• fredski

• Quite a regular

yeah,
It's odd because it used to work. But since I've added a new user group it dosn't. but as far as I can see thats the only thing thats changed.

Pretty Sure some of that is down to blocks, as the download says:

Make sure to re-configure your CBB blocks since XOOPS 2.2 changes the way for block management

But I don't know what that means

fredski
  • 2005/9/9 8:57

• fredski

• Quite a regular

So anyone know how to reconfigure them? Or do I just go into blocks, add them, and give them a name?

giba
  • 2005/9/9 19:29

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

My server config: apache 2
My XOOPS version: 2.2.3
My module version: CBB 2.21
sorry, tests in localhost.

I downloaded TinyEditor 0.45

- SelectEditor

How selected DropDown TinyEditor, message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getVar() on a non-object in C:\apachefriends\xampp\htdocs\x223\modules\tinyeditor\include\initcode.php on line 51

giba
  • 2005/9/9 19:35

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Sorry, sorry.

After install module TinyEditor erro not found

dean_collins

I'm having major problems as well.

My icons for adding and removing forums have dissapeared.
also my icons for new posts has dissapeared.

this is a major problem as no one can post now.

Cheers,
dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

dean_collins

I've just realised it is because my forums are now locked? but I cant find anywhere to unlock them.

can you post how to unlock forums and topics. i searched the creators website for faq but the have 5 letter minimum for search (grrr my pet hate)

Cheers,
dean
My Xoops site
www.aussienymeetup.net

Jyotirmaya
  • 2005/9/13 7:43

• Jyotirmaya

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/10

Dean,

I think the diappearance of icons is down to permissions in the CBB administration. Make sure you have given yourself permission to add poll, add topic and reply. (check the drop-down list top left of the pernmissions screen.

Getting back to the original problem I logged - I couldn't get any support from anyone, it seems the CBB support is pretty poor right now judging by the number of people that have posted on this topic and received no reply. If CBB is to really to be the continuation of XOOPS main bulletin board, I hope that the support can get better.

What I ended up doing was installing the module from scratch with no data - this at least seemed to work fine.
Then I created the categories and forums from my old forum manually. I imported the topics and text using SQL and then had to do sum patchwork manually matching up category anf forum numbers. Luckily my forum was not too large at this stage - I don't recommend doing this if you have a large forum as it is a lot of fiddly work. It seems the categories and forums tables didn't like the upgrade.

Login

Who's Online

207 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 207

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits