bigfanboy
Notification Question
  • 2005/4/8 19:05

• bigfanboy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/7/3 2

I have a need for two features. I am wondering if there is a method out there already.

I have about 400 users, and I want to force them all to be notified on all Category/Forum/ and topic updates. I had hoped that the Global check box would do this it doesn't

Also I would like a feature that would default this for all new users.

Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

Big

Mithrandir
Re: Notification Question

notifications are by design opt-in - it would be a rather big change to force it on a user (not to mention that you do realise that sending out 400 emails every time you add a post in the forum will be... tough on the server)

bigfanboy
  • 2005/4/14 18:50

• bigfanboy

• Just popping in

I have very little activity right now and load would not a problem as the system it's running on should be able to handle it.

I would rather force current users to be opted in and then they can opt out of as they see fit.

Or maybe be able to force certain people to be opted into certain forums or cats.

I need this bad actually. I can start banging at the DB but I would rather not muck it up.

Big

bigfanboy
  • 2005/4/14 19:00

• bigfanboy

• Just popping in

How about Group level notifications? That would be useful. I want to opt people into notifications I put them in a group.

Big

Taggy
  • 2005/9/8 18:29

• Taggy

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/9 2

I agree. Is there an email list module for xoops? You know, so I could have an email address for XOOPS groups that distributes emails to everyone in that group?

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits